Why is vaping so popular with teens?

Discussion in 'Vaping Related with no Category' started by Jo Harvelle, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Jo Harvelle

Jo Harvelle New Member

Hi everyone, I am here to know why vaping is so popular among teens. I have seen many teens who vape. Please help me to find out.

MannyScoot likes this.
  2. SnapDragon NY

SnapDragon NY 2 year member Weekly Referral Winner

I guess it would be like cigarettes and smoking were to me as a teen-
    to look and be cool
    fit in with the cool kids!

3. MannyScoot

MannyScoot Well-Known Member

4. KristaOneil

KristaOneil New Member

The concept of vaping has become so popular among teens because of social media and the idea that it is a healthier smoking alternative.
    In today’s community, teens see vaping as a sort of social activity that makes them look “cool” in front of their friends and because of this they don't look over the harmful effects of these devices having on their bodies and the adverse effects they can have in the long run.

5. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 2 year member Head of Giveaways

Why don't you enlighten us as to what those effects are, and can you show us the scientific conclusions of any ?

Raymcconn, Nailz and SnapDragon NY like this.
  6. mackenzie

mackenzie New Member

Yeah, vaping is much more popular to all ages of people 25-70. People are like vaping rather than smoking. Great way to recover smoking forever. :)

SnapDragon NY likes this.
  7. MannyScoot

They like to be cool..... Is like asking me why I smoked a cigarette when I was 8 yeras old ..... It's cool and got me attention..... And I liked it ....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8. KristaOneil

KristaOneil New Member

If you want scientific conclusions of any GOOGLE IT.
    The lungs are filled with tiny hairs embedded in a fine film of mucous. This system allows the lungs to capture dirt and bacteria. People who smoke may develop coughs quickly. Teen smoking results in such health problems happening even earlier. Their lungs begin to develop damage like this, and the coughs can become more and more acute if the person continues to smoke. We also include like
    • Emphysema
    • Stroke
    • Heart disease
    • Cancer
    • Reduced physical fitness
    • Early heart disease
    • Poor oral health
    • Poor skin

9. Whiskey

Tell you what, why don't you post links to the FACTS about the above list you posted, studies proving any of them, I haven't seen you do that yet, because there are none, you are posting "fake" unproven information, and are clearly trying to use scare tactics and false propaganda here on our forum.

10. KristaOneil

KristaOneil New Member

11. Whiskey

My comment/post to you was concerning Vaping....in reference to your comment here>>

The concept of vaping has become so popular among teens because of social media and the idea that it is a healthier smoking alternative.
    In today’s community, teens see vaping as a sort of social activity that makes them look “cool” in front of their friends and because of this they don't look over the harmful effects of these devices having on their bodies and the adverse effects they can have in the long run.

Your links are related to smoking, get your facts straight
    And don't tempt me on blocking you, if you are posting erroneous information on our forum I will indeed block/ban you

12. Whiskey

I will also add that "teens" should not be doing either as they are not legal adults, both smoking and vaping have laws in place to discourage anyone under legal age to be able to have access to either, but that is a different story altogether from what you seem to be trying to throw out here.
    I can and will bring an "anti vaping" thread off topic, I will derail, and further gum up anything negative about vaping here in our VAPING FORUM , So go ahead, bring it on.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  13. Deucesjack

Deucesjack 2 year member reviewer

Well hello there and bless your heart. Let me give you a hand and help you back onto the short bus. We have a no window lickers rule here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SnapDragon NY, Kprthevapr and Whiskey like this.
  14. SnapDragon NY

You are on an Adult vaping Forum, I am an adult and found out for Me thru googling my own research that vaping is at least 95% safer than combustible cigarettes and I use vaping to quit my 30+ year cigarette smoking addiction. It is legal for me to purchase Vape gear and eliquids because I am an adult of legal age and I can vape legally.
    I am now 4 years Cigarette free and have never felt better about My choice of vaping as an adult!
    There are many controls in place to keep underage kids away from buying vape gear and eliquids- but careless parents,brothers,sisters, older friends leave their vape gear laying around or buy for Underage kids to get a hold of Vape products. Just like people did when I was an underage kid getting a hold of cigarettes.
    Underage kids are not going to listen to lecturing about harmful effects if any associated with vaping- it is the same with cigarettes,drugs,alcohol and now recreational pot- underage kids are looking to fit in, look like an adult and be cool, and underage kids always want to get a hold of anything that is not legal for them to purchase or use for the thrill of it-
    Parents and Educators need to be more vigilant of what their underage teens are doing- instead of blaming the Vape Industry !

rocketyos, Whiskey and Deucesjack like this.
  15. SnapDragon NY

Why don't you go and ask underage teens , why they do what they do?
    Get it right from underage teens mouths instead of asking Adult Vapers on an Adult Vaping Forum.
    I thought you were asking about vaping?
    You are listing Combustible cigarette facts- and smoking
    I vape- I am an adult- and I can buy and use these products legally!

Whiskey and Deucesjack like this.
  16. MannyScoot

They can own cool stuff......[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

rocketyos and SnapDragon NY like this.
  17. Whiskey

:emoji_face_palm: Manny:emoji_face_palm::emoji_joy:

rocketyos and SnapDragon NY like this.
  18. Martarreb

Martarreb New Member

Probably because all they start understanding all things about smoking tobacco? I do not smoke cigarettes for example, because I think that it is very harmful to our health and to the health of people and children around me. And today there is a very good alternative to cigarettes-it is vape. You can buy it in any online store like (vendor link spam removed) or in the supermarket. Pour in the liquid and enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2019
  19. saraheasy

saraheasy New Member

I guess teens just want to be accepted by "cool" peers by matching their likes and following behavioral strategies. As they want to get authority among them that's why they start playing their rules in the "adult game". Anyway, as everyone is different, according to Addiction understanding what contributes to each teen smoking habit is one of the early and crucial in the quitting process.

20. VAPTIO_OFFICIAL

VAPTIO_OFFICIAL Authorized Vendor

the young like more stealthy pods, for me, the same