Which mod is the better, cons and pros? Voopoo drag and Smok T-priv

Discussion in 'Regulated' started by Sonstraik, May 30, 2018.

1. Sonstraik

Sonstraik New Member

Heya people of Vapinginsider! I know there's an old thread where it stands the exact same question, "Which one is the better?" as you can see here https://www.vapinginsider.com/forum/threads/t-priv-or-voopoo-drag.1502/ .

I'm kind of new to vaping and have been paying alot of attention exactly to these two vapes. The problem I have is which one. Which one of these two vapes is the better and why? As I've seen the one has some better features than the other and the other way on some things. What are the Cons and pros you could compare them with?

Please help :( Voopoo Drag or Smok T-priv

2. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 3 year member

Hi Sons and welcome to Vapinginsider, both mods are very popular, have you gone to our review section and read up on them?
    I am sure others will post what they like about each of them, again, welcome to the forum!!:emoji_hand_splayed::emoji_relaxed:

Deucesjack and pete67 like this.
  3. Sonstraik

Sonstraik New Member

Heya, i've read alot of reviews everywhere on the internet from the most popular to the least of views on vids. All I really wanna do is compare both and see which is being more prefered than the other and cons and pros the other one has

Deucesjack and Whiskey like this.
  4. Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes Staff Member Moderator 3 year member reviewer Weekly Referral Winner

welcome aboard! personally i'd suggest the "neither" choice both companies have newer better mods out and on top of that other companies out there as well with just as good as or better options. If you give me the specifics on what you are looking for in a mod, i can find you the right one

Deucesjack, pete67, Yankee27 and 2 others like this.
  5. Sonstraik

Sonstraik New Member

Wowie, if that's true I'll bring a desire if thtats alright!

1. One that does not drain battery life
    2. One that can be used for blowing huge ammounts of vapor (for tricking) (NOT A MECHANICAL MOD)
    3. Can hold atleast 2 batteries
    4. Has a good quality build that is hard to destroy ( aka a mod that lasts long)
    5. On the 30 - 70 $ price range
    6. And might be a little stylish too :p

If you also got any idea what the best RTA I could get as well with vapor production, taste and very leak proof that would be awesome as well. I've just learned so much about RBA, RDA, RTA and RDTA's and fell in love with the RTA style.

Deucesjack and Yankee27 like this.
  6. Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes Staff Member Moderator 3 year member reviewer Weekly Referral Winner

1) really a non issue on 99% of mods out there
    2) nothing to do with the mod itself really. it's mostly the atomizer/build
    3) dual 18650 i assume?
    4) depends what you mean by hard to destroy. most mods are not going to last if you keep dropping them. they aren't made for that
    5) got it
    6) got it

based on what you said, i'd recommend the Geekvape Aegis Legend. it's a dual 18650 mod, can do up to 200 watts so plenty of power for your atomizers to chuck clouds, it's one of the few rugged and durable mods out there (IP67 water resistant and shock resistant) cost around 50 bucks (i just purchased one on elementvape today personally for 49.95 becuase my review sample i beat the shit out of it to test it's durability) and it's pretty stylish with the color options (i chose snake skin but the orange and camo are pretty sexy too. my review sample was the black one)

as far as RTA goes, again it's going to depend on your build and how many watts you plan to vape so i need to know that

7. Sonstraik

Sonstraik New Member

Sir. I wanna thank you so much for helping me out here! One of the best Admins I've seen by far. You made me ordered it, thank you! :D

8. Anthony_Vapes

always happy to help!

9. Eldorado

Eldorado Active Member

IMHO
    drag is pretty good
    very accurate, so far in our measurements

Deucesjack likes this.
  10. vapedensity

vapedensity New Member

The Voopoo Drag has a much more perfect chip and much higher quality built device. It will outlast the T Priv 8 times over most likely. The Drag is a better device in every way.

11. Anthony_Vapes

nah. as someone who has tested and reviewed like 100 mods, the drag is good but way overhyped. far form perfect though. aspire, innokin, geekvape, and vaporesso chips are all better then the gene chips objectively

Whiskey, Deucesjack and pete67 like this.
  12. Deucesjack

Deucesjack 3 year member reviewer

Agreed, the Drag served it's purpose at its time but it was over hyped. No big difference between the Drag and Drag 2 except for the form factor, fit mode, and an off centered 510. Plenty of great dual battery mods on the market right now. That Aegis Legend is a good one but I also like the Squid Industries Double Barrel. Ive had mine for over 2 years. I've worn the paint down to bare metal. Dropped it a few dozen times and it still fires. It's not pretty but it gets the job done. Plus they have awesome customer service.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

13. Watson101

Watson101 New Member

voopoo drag hands down - better mod and better tank