What am I doing wrong ?

Discussion in 'General E-juice Discussion' started by Lager, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Lager

Lager New Member

No matter what flavored juice I buy from my local Mad Vape store, it just tastes like dirt..
    I bought this thing, at the advice from my coworkers to help me quit smoking cigs and it has helped a lot.
    I went into a mad vape store and with some help, selected a E leaf device and the SMOK TFV8 big baby beast about 3 weeks ago and since then converted the coil over to the Q2 for an easier draw if that makes any sense to anyone..
    I started with a tobacco flavor,, it tasted like tobacco for sure. Didnt like it, went back to my Mad Vape store.. They suggested a fruit juice flavor. Try their house Crunch berry, tasted good on my tongue as sample. In my vape, dirt.
    Pop Rocks= dirt
    Rage mix, my newest one= Dirt
    I cant tell one from the next.
    What am I doing wrong ?

2. ParaTech

ParaTech What's the DEAL? Moderator

Are they selling you concentrated flavors intended for mixing or premade juice intended to be "ready to vape"?
    When you say like dirt, can you be a little more detailed?
    I understand that you are unsatisfied with the taste but does it taste burnt, peppery, bitter, watery, like perfume, or something different?
    Did you change your coil when you changed flavor?
    Just trying to get a better understanding before making any suggestions.

jimi and Letitia like this.
  3. Letitia

Letitia Well-Known Member

ParaTech is correct, we need more info to help you. Just some tips; close your af (air flow) about a third of the way and lower watts to 20 and work your way up a coupe watts at a time. Did shop you teach how to prime the coil?

jimi likes this.
  4. jimi

jimi 2 year member

Just a thought, did you wash your tank well? Sometimes new toppers have cutting oil residue left behind from the machining, just a thought.

Kprthevapr, Bad Ninja and Letitia like this.
  5. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Well-Known Member

I agree with Jimi, it sounds like it could be machine oil on your atty, .....or just cheap juice.

Kprthevapr, Letitia and jimi like this.
  6. Lager

Lager New Member

First of all, I wanted to say "Thank you" for everyone that responded.
    I guess what I ment to say, instead of dirt ? Lets call it dried grass clippings, a lot like a cheap cigarette does.
    So, I started talking to another vape user that I worked with about my problem and he gave me his to try. Still got "dirt" , he tells me that he can taste his just fine. Then I noticed something, he exhaled partially thru his nose. I tried that and and Wow what a difference, I now can taste the juice itself. Guess its all in the technique or just me? Either way,, Im good now and once again, Thanks for all your responses..

7. ParaTech

ParaTech What's the DEAL? Moderator

Glad ya got it sorted out.

Lager, Letitia, jimi and 1 other person like this.
  8. jimi

jimi 2 year member

Me too I just came back to check.

Lager and Letitia like this.
  9. jimi

jimi 2 year member

Hey Lager, the other day I couldn't taste my juice, vapers tounge, it went on for days till I was eating pineapple and took a vape after and bang full flavor after that, that was several days ago and I still taste my vape with full flavor.

Lager and Letitia like this.
  10. Lager

Lager New Member

I just found out, that if I mix my Mad Vapes Pop Rocks juice with Watermelon from another company (from another vaper that donated) that I really like watermelon .. What Im wondering is, if the watermelon juice came on so strong in my TFV8 Big Baby and it was a 50/50 dilute with Mad Vapes Pop rocks, maybe Mad vapes juice is a little weak in the flavor dept? Thoughts?

jimi likes this.
  11. Letitia

Letitia Well-Known Member

Taste is 100% subjective. What I find weak might be too in your face for you. You found a combo you like, go with it and have some fun mixing it up with other flavor combos.

cicily58, jimi and Lager like this.