1. Join the Vaping Insider facebook group and you could win a $100 Vape Wild coupon! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vapinginsider/

Vaping Safety 101

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Anthony_Vapes, Dec 8, 2017.

1. obdrox

obdrox Member

Thank you for doing this- it will be a help to a lot of people, and also should help in regards to the mistake we see a lot round here- the standard Ohms law calculation being used for calculating amp load on a battery/ batteries in a regulated vape mod.

The only thing I could suggest, which I am sure you are aware of, is that as voltage falls, amp load increases in a regulated mod. I always calculate at cut off voltage instead of nominal voltage to get a maximum figure in regards to amp load, as it can be a fair few amps difference in a triple 18650 set up at 9.6 Vs 11.1V.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2018
    Anthony_Vapes likes this.
  2. Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes Moderator Staff Member Moderator 1 year member reviewer Weekly Referral Winner

that is true but the calculations are done at nominal voltage so with fully charged batts the amp draw is less then stated in the video. when the batteries get low and start dropping below nominal voltage the mod won't be able to put out as many watts anyway so it's not needed to calculate with soft cell cutoff.

obdrox likes this.
  3. obdrox

obdrox Member

Thanks mate much appreciated..

Anthony_Vapes likes this.
  4. Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes Moderator Staff Member Moderator 1 year member reviewer Weekly Referral Winner

no problem! anytime!

obdrox likes this.