Vapefly Nicolas Coils

Discussion in 'Factory Coils' started by Polar Girl, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

Love the tank but coil replacemets are a bitch getting in the USA.

The only store that sells them in the USA is:

https://myvpro.com/replacement-coils-of-nicolas-mtl-sub-ohm-tank/

and they are out of stock.

Does anyone know of other brand coils that would work in the Nicolas? I read on Reddit that the internals are almost identical to the Aspire BVC but the connector doesn't seem anything like the Nicolas coils.

I'm going to get the Innokin Kroma-A with Zenith Tank soon but not soon enough before my last Nicolas batch from Heaven Gifts run out. I'll use Crown and other coils if I have to but I'd really love to know if there are other brand or off-brand coils that would work in the Nicolas even if they aren't near either 1.8 or 0.6 (preferred) ohms.

Whiskey likes this.
  2. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

Whiskey likes this.
  3. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

MYVPRO got coils back in stock today. Just ordered some before they run out. Will let everyone know how that works out if anyone is interested.

pete67, Deucesjack and Whiskey like this.
  4. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 3 year member reviewer

Glad you found some of the coils:emoji_slight_smile::emoji_thumbsup:

pete67 and Polar Girl like this.
  5. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

I got my coils today. MYVPRO is a bit slow to respond to email (about two to three business days but they do respond). They also take an extra business day to ship (ordered Tuesday Morning hours before they opened; shipped Thursday evening) put they ship fast once they are shipped. It left Thursday from Troy, MI (suburb of Detroit) and made it to my home in the Portland, Oregon Area. They also charge sales tax despite not having a business presence outside of Michigan but whatever on that. I am so happy that there is a USA retailer to buy coils from and even a replacement tank if I ever wanted to.

My husband went to a local vape shop to by me some e-liquid since I was out and can't wait for mail.

[​IMG]
    The clerk warned my husband about sub-ohming this e-juice and asked him "what device I was using". He replied, "VVapefly Nicolas). The clerk then said "he looked it up and it is a sub". Um, it comes with a 1.8 ohm coil? LOL. I thought he may not even sell it to my husband so I didn't mention the 0.6 coils I am vaping it at 21 watts and enjoying the flavor quite nicely even if the nicotine makes it harsher than 25 salts.

The danger in vaping salts is the watts not the ohms. Sure, I get that coils are rated in ohms and 1.0 is a decent rule of thumb but the perfect Ohm's Law correlation between watts and ohms ( I^2R) doesn't apply to vaping, unfortunately. There are .25 coils that can be vaped at lower power than 1.0 coils at maximum.

Whiskey likes this.