UK Government Plan - Deregulate parts of TPD and Allow Vaping in offices

Discussion in 'Vaping News' started by KingPin!, Aug 13, 2017.

1. KingPin!

KingPin! Well-Known Member

2. ParaTech

ParaTech What's the DEAL? Moderator

Even if I could vape in my office, I would not.
    Some people have allergies to certain scents.
    Some people don't like the same things I do.
    If someone were to make microwave popcorn in my office, I'd either leave for an hour or ensure they knew I can't stomach the smell of it.
    Not sure why I hate the smell of microwave popcorn so much but it just makes me ill.
    So if someone were to feel the same about my vape or at least the possibility be there, I wouldn't want to punish them in such a way.
    Or worse, have an allergy to it.
    Just my take on it.
    Not sure how vaping in your office maximizes anyone's access to safer alternatives to smoking when they could go outside or to any designated location just the same.
    Don't get me wrong, I am all for progression in the separation between smoking and vaping but I don't want to punish my coworkers in the process.

With that said; it IS progress towards the right direction.

Eskie and KingPin! like this.
  3. KingPin!

Damn for some reason in my sleepy stupor i put smoking instead of vaping in the title my bad have edited it

4. KingPin!

It would still be down to each company mate as to what thier own policies are but the important message in this for me is the separation of smoking and vaping being recognised ....that will have far wider reaching implications in the future to get people off the stinkies

Would I vape in the office no not really I respect my colleagues who don't vape or smoke...Plus I like to get away from my desk and clear my head now and again, otherwise I doubt I'd take any breaks at all

...would I like not being forced to stand in the smokers section at work yes absolutely

...would I like not being treated as a smoker by my insurance company yes absolutely

...would I like to be able to access vaping gear accessible everywhere else outside of Europe and see our own companies be able to compete again without these stupid 2ml laws yes absolutely

I don't hate everything about TPD I think safety in devices is really important, also oversight as to the quality of e juice sold as well but there are parts of it that just don't make sense to me

Eskie and ParaTech like this.
  5. ParaTech

ParaTech What's the DEAL? Moderator

Didn't intend to imply I was against it.
    For the same reasons you listed I am happy to read they are at least putting it on the table.
    That separation will be a great stride forward.
    With it being up the each company to put it to use how they see fit, I think that in it's self will eliminate the cases that I was referring to.
    However if you were to work in a well ventilated area that the vapor would dissipate before annoying coworkers, those are the places that will benefit from it the most.
    Hope it comes to fruition.

Eskie and KingPin! like this.
  6. KingPin!

We shall see mate one can only hope :) I'm more excited about dropping parts of TPD than I am about vaping in offices

7. Eskie

Eskie Well-Known Member

I've gotta get a job in the UK.

KingPin! likes this.
  8. KingPin!

LoL

Eskie likes this.