TFV8 Baby V2, So I bought one and I am not impressed. Is it me?

Discussion in 'Sub Ohm Tanks' started by Jmarsh56, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Jmarsh56

Jmarsh56 New Member

I got a new tank today, still very new to vaping, and I am just not impressed with it. I wanted something that would give me a lot more flavor out of my juice and I went with the suggested TFV8 Baby V2 from the guy at one of my local shops. I actually went in looking to get the Big Baby Beast but ended up walking out with what he suggested. I am not upset with the purchase yet as I think it might just be user error. I primed the coil and all that jazz but I just seem to be getting much more flavor out of the stock tank that my Uwell Nunchuka came with.

Anyone have any suggestions? I am using the A2 coil as its the coil that needs less wattage and my current rig only goes up to 80W, running the coil at around 70.

Deucesjack likes this.
  2. Deucesjack

Deucesjack 3 year member reviewer

Unfortunately, Smok has some questionable QC with their coils. Sometimes you do get a bad one and that could very well be the case here. IMO opinion if you are going to run a sub ohm tank, mesh is the way to go right now, so you were right in going for the A2. Try another coil first and see if you just got a bad one. If that does not help I would highly recommend the Horizontech Falcon with Mesh coils or the Freemax Fireluke Mesh Pro with Mesh coils. If you see the OG Fireluke on sale you could pick that up as well. Not only will it take the new mesh coils but you also get a pretty nice RBA deck with it. Hope this helped. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Raymcconn and pete67 like this.
  3. Jmarsh56

Jmarsh56 New Member

I actually acquired a Smok G Priv from a guy I work with for next to nothing and have had much better sucess with that. I think the coils just needed to be broken in a bit. They seem to be working just fine now.

Deucesjack likes this.
  4. Deucesjack

Deucesjack 3 year member reviewer

Glad to hear it's working out for ya.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk