Smoant Charon TS 218

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by madstabber, Sep 4, 2017.

1. madstabber

madstabber 2 year member

I just ordered this mod from fasttech and it says it'll ship in 2 days. I was gonna get the Charon tc but when I saw the touchscreen I had to have it. This is unlike me to not wait for a mod to be reviewed and used by lots of people and see what the overall recommendation is before buying one but in this case I threw caution to the wind and ordered. I trust Smoant wouldn't steer me wrong and besides I only have one mod so I need a backup if it broke anyway not that my Battlestar would ever break but better safe than sorry. Anyway if anyone's used this mod yet I'd like to hear your impression of it and I'll tell you mine in a month or so when I get mine. $54 at fasttech with hardwork as the coupon code which I guess is a Labor Day code so it may not work much longer. Great price on what I hope turns out to be a great mod.

Mjag and Eskie like this.
  2. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 2 year member Head of Giveaways

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  3. fozzy71

fozzy71 Active Member

Mjag and Eskie like this.
  4. Mjag

Mjag 2 year member reviewer

5. madstabber

madstabber 2 year member

Thanks for the review, I ordered the wood grain from fasttech a week ago but waiting for them to get them in to ship. It should go nicely with my Battlestar so I always have a backup. I love How Smoant makes their mods. Well put together and they just work. I've never tried a dna or yihi but my Battlestar works great in power and tc and I have no complaints so I can't justify the price of those "premium" mods. I was gonna get a regular Charon but since I don't have a pc I wouldn't be able to use the curve modes so when I seen the touchscreen Charon and its ability to do them on the mod I knew I had to have it. Now I just have to maintain my sanity while constantly checking fasttech to see if they've got the mods from Smoant so mine could ship. If your listening Smoant please send fasttech some wood grain mods so they can ship mine out. I just know I'm gonna pay the price for cheaping out and be waiting months for my new mod. In case of that please forward my mail to the local sanitarium, the padded room. Again great review and I love the nature shots with the wood grain mod juxtaposed to the real wood grain.

DevAuto, Inspects and Mjag like this.
  6. Mjag

Mjag 2 year member reviewer

You're going to love it especially with how easy the Curve modes are to set up, that is a big pro over the regular Charon TC.

madstabber and Inspects like this.