Review Request (Digiflavor Siren 2)

Discussion in 'Review Requests' started by Polar Girl, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

I know that reviews are usually only done as products become available to reviewers. This is a reviewer based site so I guess this is the place to post review requests. I may as well request a review request thread or sub-forum while I am at it.

The product I'd like to see a VI review on is the Digiflavor Siren 2 hence the reason I created this thread here.

Anthony_Vapes likes this.
  2. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 2 year member FB Group team

I believe one of the reviewers has this inline for review soon, you also can check out our reviewers list of reviewed items at the top of main page by clicking on the reviews tab and scroll through what is in there, here is a link
    https://www.vapinginsider.com/reviews/page/2/
    hope that helps:)

Moderator and Anthony_Vapes like this.
  3. ParaTech

ParaTech What's the DEAL? Moderator

While thinking about adding a sub forum for requests:
    Reviewers will review everything that makes it's way across their desk.
    It isn't very often a reviewer has time to go back and review older items because the new gear is coming out too fast to even keep up with.
    It does happen once n a while but not often.
    In this case the Siren 2 is a new item so the reviews will indeed be getting posted.
    With that said, I think the way you did this particular request is probably the best path to take for future requests as well.
    I like the idea because sometimes you just want to see someone you trust to review an older item that is still available to see if you may be interested in a great sale price you might have found.
    Once in a while a reviewer may have actually already reviewed it but it never got posted for one reason or another.
    Maybe they started it but didn't have time to finish.
    Once you find a reviewer that has the same tastes as you, it is nice yo read their thoughts on certain items.
    So I'd say just continue posting the requests as you did and at least one of the reviewers will be happy to see if they can add it to their queue.
    In this case, since it is a newer item, I am certain it is already in a few queues.

4. Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes Staff Member Moderator 2 year member reviewer Weekly Referral Winner

i like this idea.

5. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

The concept is similar to but not identical to a song request line number to a radio station DJ. Like with DJs, it is helpful to know what the audience would like to hear rather than always making the selection decisions blindly.

I don't know if a single thread for all requests would better serve this purpose or creating a sub-forum with threads of different topics like mods for one, atomizers for another etc....similar to different genres of music put into separate categories for play requests.
    I am not aware of a radio station that has a general request line that allows the request to go to a specific DJ that won't be on air until several hours later but VI can do the equivalent of that if it decided to add threads to the sub-forum for requests for specific reviewers as well.

Moderator and Anthony_Vapes like this.
  6. ParaTech

Not saying it can't happen, just seems like a lot of work.
    On the positive side it wouldn't be my work to do.
    lol
    Although maybe a PM to the reviewer may be easier.
    I do like the concept as it is innovative, just don't know how well it'd go over just yet.
    It could also provide a negative in the way of said reviewer not noticing it so it'd go unanswered.
    If notifications were setup and said reviewer were notified, that'd be pretty cool.

Alaskavaper and Moderator like this.
  7. Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes Staff Member Moderator 2 year member reviewer Weekly Referral Winner

ECF has had this for like 8 years actually lol
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forums/requests-for-opinions-reviews.402/

I never heard any backlash from it personally

Alaskavaper and Moderator like this.
  8. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

To request a specific reviewer, PMing might be easier but probably not more rewarding or productive,

Like with DJs, most song requests especially in large markets like NYC go unanswered. I know I should say people should understand that is just life but in this age of absolute emotional entitlement regardless of consequences to others or feasibility or at times, possibility for that matter, I can understand your concern.

The setup would have to be discussed by VI staff with the webmaster probably having the most say due to practical IT feasibility issues. I'm not a web designer so I can't say for sure but I'd think a notification system is feasible. At the very least, a sub-forum divided into separate product threads is most certainly feasible even if specific moderator requests somehow isn't.

9. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

10. ParaTech

I do like the general idea and it is indeed innovative.
    I'll present it to the boss.

Alaskavaper and Polar Girl like this.
  11. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

Thank you for doing that.

Curiosity question. Who is "the boss" that you'll be presenting it to? Is it the same person that also owns this site? If not, then who is that?

12. Whiskey

13. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

I guess that answers that question. LOL.

I look forward to your decision.

14. Admin

Admin Staff Member Moderator

At present @Deucesjack does all the reviews for VI review page. We have a long list of items in the queue, but I'll add this to the list of items to review.

With regards to the reviewers on the forum, currently you would have to pm them directly as any reviews they do is at their own discretion. I'll add a review requests section to help facilitate this though.

15. Whiskey

Thanks @Admin , Happy New Year to you :emoji_hand_splayed::emoji_relaxed:

16. Admin

Admin Staff Member Moderator

Thanks Whiskey, Happy New Year to you too :emoji_relaxed:

17. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

Oops.I was a bit too buzzed looking at a computer screen in an area too dark too realize that Whiskey posted a hyperlink.

Thank you for the changes. Not perfect since individual reviewers still have to be contacted separately but it is major progress which makes me happy.

I didn't know Jack all the reviews on VI. Every VI review I did read seemed to ironically come from Jack but I never thought about it. He has his work cut out for him.

Jack's reviews uniquely stand out as something to learn about up and coming or niche products and even product types that can't be found elsewhere.I learned a lot from Jack. Combine that with the time, patience, and care that Jack showed me in personal interaction gives me the impression of Jack as a vaping teacher/educator even for knowledgeable enthusiasts. Jack would do well in a more educative or consultative role if he ever decided to pursue that.

Anthony is a whole different animal. Anthony comes across as more like the Mooch of mods and attys product tester. Unlike Mooch that the industry has a vital safety interest in funding, the industry isn't exactly interested in funding a Consumer Reports like work against the bogus claims of TC and other things they are making to customers so his work needs to be presented as reviews for a lack of a more effective funding means that would otherwise allow him to focus more on and do more product testing.

I never got much of a chance to see Paratech's work. I looked for it back in my early days at VU when I came in contact with Paratech but only came across a Youtube channel at a time I was having internet issues that made video streaming difficult so I don't know enough to comment about Paratech.

In other words, different reviewers offer different qualities and even perform different functions — whether they realize it or not on the latter —especially in the 2010s media funding environment where it is hard to impossible to fund other functions besides presenting it as review work hence the slight disappointment in no change in contacting specific reviewers but am overall happy that at least review requests in general will now be much improved.

Thank you again for making this change.

18. ParaTech

19. Polar Girl

Polar Girl Member

20. ParaTech

Moved per OP request.
    Also edited thread title to display item OP requesting reviewed.

Polar Girl likes this.