Real Flavors Super Concentrate

Discussion in 'DIY Supplies' started by Mjag, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Mjag

Mjag 3 year member reviewer

@Teresa P idea and a good one to start.

I started with there VG flavors but wasn't having it, good flavors but weak and took a long time to steep. Then they came out with the Super Concentrate line which I have been enjoying.

Here is a list of my favoties from them.

Strawberry (this and INW Shisha strawberry are the only ones I use now)

Marshmallow (I use this as a sweetener a lot of times at about 0.50%)

Vanilla Custard (Not CAP good but different and the more I use it the more I like it)

Pineapple (Overall I like INW Ananas Pineapple better but this one made it's way into my Lava Flow recipe and I am addicted)

Butter Crisp (I have this when it was called Butterfinger when it was in Beta form, love it at 4.5% alone)

French Toast (It is good but it needs help, I used just a pinch of there baked bread and brown sugar, FLV Rich Cinnamon, INW Shisha Vanilla and a few drops of INW Waffle)

Baked Bread (Good but crazy strong but used in small amounts adds a nice bread taste)

The Cream and Sweet Cream are both pretty good, I would not say dump your favorite cream for them but if you get it you will probably use it.

Condensed Milk is good, not wow but I use it in a simple strawberry milk mix and enjoy it.

There Bread Pudding was delicious in there VG line even though you had to use about 14%. The SC version is confusing me, still haven't found the right combo. Same goes with the Cinnamon Custard which I loved in the VG but the SC all I can taste is cinammon.

Pink Candy is good but this one I had crazy flavor fade after a couple of months to the point I could not taste it. Others have complained about that with some of there other flavors but this was the first one to fade that bad for me.

Here is the ones I was meh about:

Caramel (weak flavor, better caramels out there)
    Butterscotch (not going to replace FW Natural Butterscotch for me anytime soon)
    The Cookies (I hear good things about there Oatmeal Cookie, hard to beat FA or INW Biscuit though)

Honorable mention to there new flavor Butter Pecan Pie. I just got it and so far at 3% it is fricking delicious but a little butterfingery, maybe that's why I love it. Blueberry Jam with Toast so far seems like something I might like a lot as well. The Ice Cream Sandwich seems pretty good so far too. I have had a lot of luck with the new flavors they have come out with, they seem stronger than the legacy flavors they have.

Even though they are "Super Concentrate" there are a lot of flavors from them that are not as potent as a lot of FA and INW flavors. It use to be called "Raw Concentrate" as it was the raw ingredient they used in there VG line.

Love to hear what people think and recommendations on %'s used

Deucesjack, fozzy71 and Teresa P like this.
  2. fozzy71

fozzy71 Active Member

did not read but sub'd, was wondering if someone would start this up. I have 67 (I think) super concentrates in the fridge I have single flavor tested but my testing notes suck, if they even still exist. I have a ton of recipes in my calc I have found or converted (mostly the latter) but have only made a few as I am still trying to finish off all my older tpa/fw, etc flavors.

This is good to hear.... I almost ordered a few of their new flavors on their recent weekend $2 sale but talked myself out of it. By the time I actually need to order restocks they will likely have another 100 new flavors lol.

Mjag likes this.
  3. Mjag

I was hoping you would chime in, you definitely know your Real Flavors better than probably Walt...haha

Gonna see if @MysticRose can pop in since she has a lot of experience too.

So far I only have 4 days steeping on the new flavors, hopefully they don't fade but I personally have not experienced a lot of that. Then again I tend to get impatient and vape it within a few days and always try them fresh.

fozzy71 likes this.
  4. Teresa P

Teresa P Active Member

Have you used the cream cheese yet? That one has me stumped as far as percentage. It's very dark and smells nothing like cream cheese, which I realize means nothing...smells more like straight alcohol.

fozzy71 and Mjag like this.
  5. Mjag

I don't have the cream cheese but the Cheesecake smelt like straight alcohol too. The Cheesecake is strong as all hell too, I have had success mixing it with Sweet Cream but the Cheesecake was only used at like 3 drops per 30ml.

fozzy71 likes this.
  6. fozzy71

fozzy71 Active Member

my meager testing notes at 1.5%:
    tripled it up for SF - really good, espec with carrot cake

current ELR flavor % suggestions:
    Percentages in recipes
    Average mixing quantity: 0.9% (Median: 0.5%)
    Minimum used quantity: 0.5%
    Maximum used quantity: 2%

If memory serves (mixed single flavor june 22 but I only tested it a few times before mixing it with my carrot cake SF (3%) tester, then mixing that into something else I can't recall without checking all the bottles in the steeping cabinet) I found it very authentic in both smell and vape.

*disclaimer: It is the only cream cheese flavor I have ever vaped.

Teresa P likes this.
  7. Walt_RealFlavors

Walt_RealFlavors New Member

Shh.... (blame Mjag for me stalking haha)

8. fozzy71

fozzy71 Active Member

this ish is uber strong, dont go above 0.5% imo regardless of total flavoring percent. if doing 3.5% total flavor max like me you can probably drop that down to 0.25%.

Teresa P and Mjag like this.
  9. Mjag

Hahaha, so cool to have you here Walt!

fozzy71 and Walt_RealFlavors like this.
  10. Walt_RealFlavors

Walt_RealFlavors New Member

Thanks!

Also a note on Cheesecake. That and Cream Cheese can kill a recipe if you use too much. We are talking drops!

Teresa P, fozzy71 and Mjag like this.
  11. Mjag

I also used your recommendation to use Sweet Cream with the Cheesecake, that really made a difference.

Teresa P and fozzy71 like this.
  12. Deucesjack

Deucesjack 3 year member reviewer

I just started DIYing. I gotta check out Real Flavors.

Teresa P and Mjag like this.
  13. fozzy71

fozzy71 Active Member

it is the only flavor vendor I plan to buy from going forward other than ry4's and menthol's as I don't think they have those yet.

Deucesjack and Mjag like this.
  14. Deucesjack

Deucesjack 3 year member reviewer

Great to know. How is their custard? I'm a custard freak. Lol

Teresa P, Mjag and fozzy71 like this.
  15. fozzy71

fozzy71 Active Member

I like it but the only other one I have ever bought/vaped was a 30ml bottle of v2 CAP. Not sure if I ever single flavor tested the CAP or RF versions as they were both bought before I started SF testing.

More info here assuming VI allows these links, unlike ECF - http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/113741

Mjag and Moderator like this.
  16. Teresa P

Teresa P Active Member

I thought I had sweet cream, but it's plain cream. Here goes another order.... lol!

Mjag likes this.
  17. fozzy71

fozzy71 Active Member

don't forget the butter cream, yyuummyy!!

Mjag and Teresa P like this.
  18. Teresa P

Teresa P Active Member

I got on this morning and saw at least two dozen I wanted to try....never fails....lol!
    What do you think of the sweet potato?

Mjag likes this.
  19. Mjag

Hmmm, never tried the sweet potato, would be interesting to find out how that is.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Teresa P likes this.
  20. Teresa P

Teresa P Active Member

If anyone is familiar with the east coast fast food chain, Bojangles, then you know that their little sweet potato pies are the bomb...I'd love to turn 'em into a vape!

LDuBC and Mjag like this.