Nic Salt

Discussion in 'General E-juice Discussion' started by Deucesjack, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Deucesjack

Deucesjack 2 year member reviewer

I have a few questions for the experienced DIYers here. When I was in Miami for the World Vapor Expo I tried quite a few juices that used Nic Salt. At my usual level of 3 Nic it does taste just a tad harsh. I definitely feel the Nic hit me right away and it almost feels like I am actually vaping 6 Nic. I know one of the benefits of using Nic Salt is quicker absorption of the Nic thereby making you vape less and take less pulls. My questions are:

Have any of you tried Nic salts?
    If so, did you have the same experience as I have had?
    Have you DIYed with it?
    If so, do you use less Nic than you normally would?
    Those that have used it for DIY, where do you purchase it from?
    Do you find it affects the overall taste of the juice?
    General opinion and impressions of Nic Salt?

Any feedback on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    LDuBC, Raymcconn, jimi and 3 others like this.
  2. Vapin4Joy

Vapin4Joy 2 year member reviewer

jimi, Mjag, Whiskey and 1 other person like this.
  3. Inspects

Inspects Well-Known Member

I've tried nude nicotine nic salts. They have various options, signature, smooth, and hit. I have only tried the smooth, no difference I could tell, but I vape 12mg in a Fireluke tank once in awhile, so I'm accustomed to strong nic.

Letitia, Alaskavaper, jimi and 2 others like this.
  4. Mjag

Mjag 2 year member reviewer

I had heard the same thing, that nic salts were for refillable pods. I got about 3 juices with nic salts at the show but haven't really dived into them yet.

Would really like to hear more about nic salts.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

jimi likes this.
  5. Deucesjack

Nah man there were a bunch of juices in Miami with Nic salt and they were running them in tanks. You definitely feel the Nic hit quickly with these juices. Just wondering how peeps are DIYing with it.

jimi and Mjag like this.
  6. Mjag

Mjag 2 year member reviewer

I definitely need to find out more, do they get into your system faster?

jimi likes this.
  7. Deucesjack

That's what they told me at the show. Supposedly your body absorbs the Nic much faster. I definitely feel my heart rate go up when I vape the juice I got from Dr. Salt. Because of that you are supposed to take or want to take less pulls.

jimi and Mjag like this.
  8. Darren Burns

Darren Burns New Member

The salt base nic works as it is absorbed quicker then free base and as such you feel the nic rush ( depending on build )much quicker for longer meaning that you are satisfied for longer. So the liquid will last you longer as you dont use as much. at 5mg you can drip or sub ohm it as it has a smooth throat hit but the flavor really comes out. A lot of users are now switching to closed vape pod systems which have little power and small tanks and as such need a liquid that will provide the nic hit quickly and this is where the salt base really comes in to play. for example 25mg or 45/50mg two or three tokes is enough to deliver the nicotine and satisfy the user meaning they can vape in the work place or in the mall with out blowing out huge clouds. I vape 25mg in a Aspire K3 tank 1.6ohm coil at 10.5w i get the full flavor smooth throat hit and a nice nic glow. smokers switching to vaping find it far more suitable as there is no harsh throat hit just good flavor and its going to be the next big product in vaping. Through the process of extraction the salts are naturally found in the tobacco leaf and positively charged to mask the harshness found in free base. The user will know when they have had enough and put the device down until they require more nicotine.

In Miami we launched 14 flavors in 25mg and 45mg we are also bringing 5mg as well as some of the range in to after market juul pods and it was received amazingly same in California it was given rave reviews because so many people tried it and experienced exactly what they have been chasing since they switched to ecigs and that is the nic rush.

9. Alaskavaper

Alaskavaper Well-Known Member

What physical form is it sold as? Is it like course or fine crystals or more like fine salt grains. How does one measure the amount to put into a juice. Measure the gram weight or what? Does it come in various strengths like liquid nic comes in various dilutions for example 100mg nic in 1000ml of liquid is sold as 100%. Are salts ranked in some similar way?

jimi and Deucesjack like this.
  10. Letitia

Letitia Well-Known Member

I'm going to order 50ml of 100mg NN nic salt smooth when I start diy. They offer 15ml sample for new customers. Going to get regular nic 100mg so I can compare th between the two.

11. Deucesjack

Very kool, let us know your thoughts.

Letitia and jimi like this.
  12. Letitia

Letitia Well-Known Member

Will do.

13. Darren Burns

Darren Burns New Member

we have just taken delivery of our aftermarket pods that we had on test in California at the ECC expo. Filled with our Dr Salt salt base nic flavors each pod is 50mg and 1ml and they hit like a train. The market has changed and the demand for closed pod systems is far bigger than the actual supply. Vapers of these want a quick nicotine delivery system that can be stealth vaped at work and that gives full on flavor and i think these pods have a place and a demand. i have put information on the flavors in my blog here

SnapDragon NY, Letitia and Deucesjack like this.
  14. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Well-Known Member

Pods?
    Im out.
    FFS.
    This thread just turned into a infomercial.

I started vaping to break the tether, not to be tied to some company interested in maxing out profits by tailoring their products to extract cash from unsuspecting vapers.

I recommend DIY.
    Mixing juice is easier than making a cup of coffee, and cost pennies per ml.

Letitia likes this.
  15. Deucesjack

I like pod systems, they definitely have a place in most collections. I use them when I am traveling especially if I am traveling by plane. They're perfect airport mods. You can vape and hold it in, get your nic fix and no one is the wiser. Shit, I have even vaped on a plane with them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Alaskavaper and Letitia like this.
  16. Bad Ninja

Sorry DJ.
    I understand the need for entry level gear, but I cannot in good conscience recommend any closed system beyond an entry level device.

This is a marketing tether to keep customers coming back, and the poster I quoted is advertising a product.

Juice has the highest profit margin in this industry by a factor of 100, and I encourage everyone to check out DIY and its safety advantages.

Im all about exploring nic salts, and see the advantaged that may appeal to vapers, but the push for sealed systems is blatant a cash grab, and way to maintain "captive customers".

Most want to break the chain..not replace it with a new revolving expense paid to another company.

Just my honest 2 cents.

Letitia and Deucesjack like this.
  17. Deucesjack

Totally understand that point of view and I respect it. I just don't think everything on this this subject is that black and white. I'm just happy that there is something to help smokers convert. I'd much rather see them tethered to a pod system than to analogs.

Case in point, I was able to get my 74 year old mother to go from a pack and a half a day down to a half pack a day with a refillable pod system. Yeah, once a week I have to go over there and refill a few pods for her but I'd rather do that than see her smoke 30 cigarettes a day. Just saying, they do have their place in some vapers lives.

Letitia and Whiskey like this.
  18. Bad Ninja

Tethering vapers is exactly why legislation approves sealed pods.

Tethered buyers keep those tax dollars rolling in..just like tethered smokers.

It has nothing to do with convenience, or ease of use.

I understand their place as entry level gear.
    Beyond that, its really all smoke and mirrors (pardon the pun).

My rant was mostly at the poster that took the thread from Nic Salt discussion to "buy my pods".

You should hear my rant on premade juice.
    Lol

;)

eStorm, Letitia and Deucesjack like this.
  19. Deucesjack

Yeah but Darren is a good dude that has a ton of knowledge about Nic salts. I mean c'mon man, I can't begrudge anyone trying to make a living. He has added some good info to this thread as well.

Letitia and Bad Ninja like this.
  20. Bad Ninja

I dont begrudge anyone for making a living.
    Im a semi retired business owner.

Smoking is a nasty expensive habit that our governments have used to turn an addiction into a cash cow.
    They bleed the addicted and uninformed dry.
    Vaping is much more than smoking cessation to many people, including big tobbacco. Its a freedom from a real expense.

I support all entrepreneurial endeavors, but won't pretend to support tethering nic addicts with proprietary gear for profit.
    Thats exactly what BT does.
    Sorry man.
    Ill back out.
    Didnt mean to derail.

Letitia and Deucesjack like this.