New vaper - Thanks to the media outbreak

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Baze, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Baze

Baze New Member

16 years of smoking an average of a pack and a half per day, came to a literal end 2 weeks ago. I have not coughed, or had to spit something nasty since basically the second day, I went from worrying about my breathing at nights to literally not even remembering it was even a thing, I taste and smell like I didn't before catching stuff I know I couldn't 2 weeks ago. I am more active, and just wanting to be even more, and also generally more motivated

I have to thank CBC for that, and their anti-vaping campaign series "vaping fail". They spelled propaganda hilariously wrong

See, I never even cared about vaping. I am what they call in my home country a theriakles, meaning someone who just loves smoking. If I could walk around holding a shisha, that's exactly how I'd live my life. However lately smoking started feeling way less pleasurable, I even started resenting the taste, and plus I have a young family and now really was the time to quit. Vaping became a thought, especially since I would bother nobody, plus I really liked the idea of blowing clouds bigger than my entirety. About then was when it hit the news. Weird. Like, I know people that vape for years. I know it is primarily marketed and has been used as a means to quit smoking, any vapers I knew/met were ALL ex smokers. Yet here I am reading all the horrors. Can't be.

If something interests me I always make sure to educate myself properly, and although the press (and politics) is a great tool in any society, it is not a medical research, and is also biased sometimes, cause nothing is perfect. So, this pushed me into some -or rather, a literal shitton- of research, cause I felt it sounded too VAGUE to be the full fact. As a rule of thumb, people should always question statements that are aimed at their feelings, and when they are conveniently vague, doubly so. Information is power in many ways, and one of those is how the informer can affect those who are informed. In my case, it was positive cause all they did was make me research enough to call their bull.

I did enough research to feel more than safe to proceed. I decided to make the switch and went online again to start the other research, the fun one. The more I learned about vapes, the more I realized I had to learn even more, and the more I liked it. I ended up finding Anthony Vapes' guides on reddit, and he guided my hand toward the freemax twister (cause fireluke) as my first kit, and I've been living in my own cloud ever since (thank you Anthony!). I already plan on getting a second mod in the next couple of days, so I think I got the vape thing down okay, especially considering I already know which one my 3rd and 4th will be. I also know the next few tanks I'll be buying, but for now the fireluke is a babe, I just wanna grab some triple coils as a first step

For now I am using tanks since I don't feel I know enough for further modding, but from the amount of juice I go through I feel I'll have to learn soon, plus RDA's sound more awesome the more I learn. Not sure if ready for squonk yet either, as I still don't even get how they what, or who, but anyhow, this is my switch story, happy to be a vaper

I posted this over at reddit as well yesterday, and today I dropped my twister and it's useless. Todays lesson was to always have backups. I'll learn

2. pete67

pete67 2 year member

Hello and welcome to VI, Baze:emoji_coffee:

Vapin4Joy, Baze and Whiskey like this.
  3. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 2 year member FB Group team

Welcome Baze, glad you gave up the shisha and found vaping :emoji_hand_splayed::emoji_relaxed:

Vapin4Joy and Baze like this.
  4. Vapin4Joy

Vapin4Joy 2 year member reviewer

Welcome to the VI Baze. :emoji_hand_splayed:

Whiskey and Baze like this.
  5. Baze

Baze New Member

LOL

Honestly vaping is more enjoyable than anything for me now, the density of the clouds as well as the tastes are the best out of anything I ever tried. Most likely how I managed to forget about tobacco so easy, cause I never felt like I replace something I like better.

Whiskey likes this.