Need Premade Coil Advice

Discussion in 'Premade Coils' started by Cmnderb, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Cmnderb

Cmnderb Member

I just mentioned in the RDA thread that I have a Hadaly clone arriving soon. I was wondering if anyone could advise a premade coil that's good for flavor. Got this mainly for diy but if can get the hang of wicking I most likely will be a RDA convert as I am a flavor chaser. Thanks for any advise!

2. reflex99

reflex99 Well-Known Member

I think the Hadaly benefits from larger coils, ex clapton. Not sure if this is the consensus but it is my experience.

I've tried some premade coils and one of the better ones I've bought was by thunderhead creations. Specifically their transformer coil. They are made much better than other cheap coils I've bought. Wraps are even, ohm out accurately enough, easy enough to remove hot spots.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/6007100

The leads come facing the same way, so you'll need to put them on a screwdriver and use some pliers to pull one of the leads until they face opposite directions so they can be installed in Hadaly.

Haven't tried any others recently that I've liked in the Hadaly. I got a spool of stainless geekvape fused clapton so I've been wrapping coils myself mostly. Hopefully someone with more experience with premade coils will respond, but I thought I'd throw in what I've tried/liked.

advancedvapesupply.com is often highly recommended. I haven't tried any of their products yet though. @Anthony_Vapes might be able to add something.

Anthony_Vapes likes this.
  3. Phil_Lee

Phil_Lee Active Member

How much power are you planning on hitting it with, regulated or otherwise, and where are you?
    I have a home built coil in mine, which takes a few draws to bring up to temperature as it's on an original dripbox (unregulated but 60w limited Mosfet type), and the flavour (after the first few pulls to warm it up) is awesome! It seems to be lasting well (so saying that will be the kiss of death for it).
    But if you tell us how much power you can give it, and how you like to vape, it's very likely that one of us here could throw a couple of coils together for you while you learn to wind your own. Maybe first from pre-made wire, but then maybe progressing to braids or claptons of your own from bare wire - I'm in the UK, and if you are too, I'd certainly be happy to drop a couple in the post. But international shipping would probably cost more than pre-made coils, so be uneconomical. +1 on using a large diameter one though - mine fills the thing up to the extent that I marvel at how any air gets past it! But of course, that also means the air can't help but pick up loads of flavourful vapour while it squeezes past! Wicking isn't a problem as I'm squonking it, so don't need much cotton in there as I can always just squeeze the bottle, so just enough wick to reach the deck is fine. Dripping it, you'd want more cotton, and then have the problem of arranging it not to block airflow or worse, wick out of the air holes. That's challenging if you can't see past the coil, so you may need to drop slightly in size for dripping compared to squonking.
    BTW, I build exclusively in stainless steel 316L, as that dripbox is the only thing I have that I don't use in temperature control, and stainless works on everything.

Cmnderb likes this.
  4. Cmnderb

Cmnderb Member

Reflex:
    That you for sharing your experience and advice. I was leaning towards Clapton's as like you said that is the consensus.

Wicking is going to be an issue for me as no matter how many videos I watch or rta/rba I use I just don't do it right.

I don't plan on building right away. I can only imagine having to worry about the build and the wicking. It's all so "fiddly" and nerve wracking for this ol grandma. So on thing at a time. LOL.

Thanks again for sharing!!!

Phil:
    Thank you for your opinion, advice and offer! I am in the US so shipping would be outrageous!!!

I have several mods I use but plan on using the Hadaly on my Battlestar. I'm using a Clieto on it now with a O.2 coil which has suggested 55-70watts. I try to stay at the minimum 55w but will move around depending on the juice I'm vaping to find a sweet spot. I have observed that folks using the Hadaly typically use a bit lower ohm and wattage which is ok with me. I don't use temp control. I bounce around between dtl and mtl.

Thanks again the offer mighty nice of you! Cheers!

SnapDragon NY likes this.
  5. Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes Staff Member Moderator 3 year member reviewer Weekly Referral Winner

yeah AVS is the way to go for premade spools

6. Phil_Lee

Phil_Lee Active Member

I'm a firm believer in paying it forward - my starter pen style MTL device has got a neighbour off cigarettes already, which keeps money out of the hand s of big tobacco and gains us another voice.
    While I'll never be in a position to do a Mooch and create major change in the industry, I do what I am able to do, and I can only do so because of those who went before and created this thing called vaping, and provided all the reviews and tutorials on various fora and Youtube to allow me to learn. We can't allow petty arguments between tootle puffers and cloud chuckers (for example) to distract us from our combined struggle for recognition and acceptance, and there are millions (allegedly around a billion this century) of lives at stake, to say nothing of the quality of life.

Cmnderb likes this.
  7. Cmnderb

Cmnderb Member

Well said and I agree!!! Back in the day (before fixed income days) I purchase several set ups for co-workers and family to get off tobacco. And if I had a dollar for all the juice I've given away I could probably but myself a nice DNA mod. :emoji_grinning:

reflex99 likes this.