Looking for a new mod

Discussion in 'Ask the Experts' started by RickoT, Apr 17, 2019.

1. RickoT

RickoT New Member

Hey folks,

First time caller long time lurker. I've been really getting back into vaping, relearning terminology, devices, and all the goodies that come with getting into something new(again).

Currently, I have a couple of older mods...
    An Aspire CF Sub ohm
    An IPV 400
    I also have a few Aspire Cleito tanks

I gotta be honest, the sub ohm made me fall in love with vaping. I love FLAVOR but these tanks with the .15 ohm mesh coils make it auto turn off after a few puffs (I think it's because it's rated for >.25 and the coil gets too hot)

For the life of me I simply CANNOT figure out how to replicate the flavor on my IPV 400. I really think I just need a newer mod that might be more compatible with the newer tanks/coil materials

All that being said, I am deferring to the experts for some advice to help me find something that will help me pull out the best flavor for all my juices. I generally but buy 0 nic, 50/50 or higher. (I have a Juul/Smok Nord for my nic/salts). I generally DL when I vape, except on my Smok or Juul.

Any suggestions on devices/reviews to watch/read would be most appreciated!

Bonus:: My wife likes to vape also, but she is VERY picky about devices. She always gets crap devices that spit juice in her mouth and prefers MTL vaping. She is just as much about flavor as I am.

Thanks in advance!!
    (Edited for stupid auto correct)

Whiskey likes this.
  2. RickoT

RickoT New Member

Oh yeah, I also wanted to add that I have 18650 batteries, so something that uses them would be a plus

Also, shout out to Duces Jack, loving those reviews, and I can always stand behind a fellow New Yorker... That Dovpo mess was crazy!

Whiskey likes this.
  3. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 3 year member reviewer

Hi there RickoT, Welcome to VI, glad to have you here :emoji_hand_splayed::emoji_grinning:
    I'm a solid squonker vaper, I use the pulse as my go to mod, for me it's solid and reliable
    [​IMG]

rocketyos likes this.
  4. RickoT

RickoT New Member

I'm gonna have to look into this squonker business.... Never heard of that until a couple of weeks ago

Whiskey likes this.
  5. RickoT

RickoT New Member

How do you manage juggling flavors with that? I tend to keep 2 or 3 tanks on me at all times so I can switch them up

It seems like a real pain to keep clean... Also the idea of managing my own cotton kinda freaks me out, is it easy? Have you ever set your cotton on fire? Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

6. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 3 year member reviewer

I'm one that doesn't juggle flavors, I;ve vaped the same juice since 2010, only trying a couple new flavors and going back...as far as setting my cotton on fire, no....never have....that only happens if you don't add juice
    [​IMG]

rocketyos and Vapin4Joy like this.