Good Single Flavor and Simple Recipes

Discussion in 'DIY Recipes' started by Daintanee, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Daintanee

Daintanee Active Member

Hey everyone:emoji_hand_splayed:
    For those just beginning in D.I.Y. I thought it might be nice for everyone to pitch in and share some simple recipes and good single flavors.

I'm mainly into bakery items and have been in search for the best vanilla, which I believe I've finally found, for me that is.

2% TFA French Vanilla Creme

This is the first deep vanilla flavor I have found. A deep, strong vanilla with a nice rich cream/custard profile. I love this single flavor.

Questionable ingredients in this, but I'm really enjoying WF (Wonder Flavours) 8% Roasted Pecans and Cream to me it has an excellent roasted flavor and I've never tasted a roasted flavor before. @Teresa P & @wllmc don't shoot me yet, bc I haven't yet tried FA espresso, but does it have a roasted taste? If not, I think this WF might be an awesome flavor to add a splash to coffee vapes.

BOYSENBERRY BAKE
    1.5-2% FA Cookie
    0.5% FA Apple Pie
    0.5% NN (Nude Nicotine) Boysenberry Jam
    Shake-n-Vape Baby!!

2-2.5% JF Juicy Lemon

Tastes like an authentic powdery sugar lemonade. If you want a lemonade recipe this is it!

Easy Peasy Blood Orange Cheesecake
    1.5% FA Madagascar Vanilla aka Vanilla Classic
    1.5% FA Custard
    1% FA Blood Orange
    .75% TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust
    Shake n vape!

1.5-3% FE Sweet Rice
    Adding 0.1-0.25 FLV Rich Cinnamon is even better. Squonk's Rice Custard Pudding is the bomb! http://vapingunderground.com/threads/rice-custard-pudding.363300/page-2#post-1972790

Chewy Sugar Cookie
    2.5% JF Biscuit (3 week steep)

Chewy Cinnamon Biscuit Cookie
    2.5% JF Biscuit
    0.1-0.25% FLV Rich Cinnamon
    (3 week steep)

JF Honey Peach 2.33%
    Tastes like those peach gummy ring candies.
    (3 week steep)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  2. Mjag

Mjag 3 year member reviewer

Nice, I got French Vanilla Creme, I am going to try that.

So far I have been enjoying Real Flavors Butter Pecan Pie SC at 3% standalone, I made it 4 days ago though so no idea on how it will steep.

One of my first DIY recipes was trying to clone the Whip it from Perfect Cloudz, this one of the first juices I tried when I got my first dripper and vaped it like crazy until it got discontinued and impossible to find. I bought all the strawberry flavors I could get my hands on to try and match the flavor of that juice and when I finally tried TFA Strawberry I knew it was the right one. Since it was a strawberry whipped cream I tried TFA's version and yep, not sure if it is an exact clone but so close it was good enough for me.

Whip it

10% TFA Strawbery
    10% TFA Whipped Cream
    add sweetener if you want but it is good as is for me.

I know those percentages seem high and I mix low now, anywhere from 4 to 10% max most of the time. But for that recipe and considering it is TFA 20% flavoring is the sweet spot for me.

You can get a Simple Pound Cake with just a few drops of INW Lemon Cake, I seriously mean about .50 to 1%.

I do enjoy RF SC Butter Crisp at 4.5% standalone, there are actually a lot of RF SC flavors that I can enjoy by themselves but I like to tinker so hardly ever keep it to one flavor. I know RF SC Fruit Pebbles is a cereal vape I can vape by itself.

3. Daintanee

Daintanee Active Member

Thanks Mjag for the recipe and help! Oh awesome, I just mixed up 3% RF Butter Pecan Pie last night. Gonna load me a tank up!

And any new to D.I.Y. please post what kind of flavors you like so maybe we can add recipes your more likely to enjoy.

Heartsdelight, Inspects, Mjag and 3 others like this.
  4. Deucesjack

Deucesjack 3 year member reviewer

Anything berry. especially raspberry or blackberry. Custards, lots of custards.

5. Daintanee

Daintanee Active Member

Best real tasting Raspberry flavor I have tasted, and it's super strong, so a good investment, is Inawera raspberry @Teresa P which raspberry was that you sent me way back when?
    I'm not a fan of custard notes, and FA custard is totally different than your normal custard, so I'm sure that's not what you are looking for. As for blackberry, I'll have to re read through pm's as I think Cadisfly mentioned a good one to me in VU. Teresa P recommend a good boysenberry I haven't tried, forgot the brand. You might very well enjoy Nude Nicotine's Very Berry or Boysenberry Jam.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  6. Teresa P

Teresa P Active Member

At 5 days in, I think the RF Butter Pecan Pie bears a strong resemblance to the WF Roasted Pecans and Cream, just a very subtle difference. I love 'em both!
    And I try to keep a couple hundred mil of Inawera Custard mixed up to play with. It's good at 3% standalone, but depending on the mood I'm in, I like to take out 30ml or so and add berries or other fruits at roughly .5-1% (depends on the strength of the fruit I'm adding).

7. Teresa P

Teresa P Active Member

Oh Lordy, I've slept since then...lol! If it wasn't the Inawera, it had to be TFA Raspberry Sweet. Both very good!

8. fozzy71

fozzy71 Active Member

truth. sugar cub, paczki, bread pudding 1, french toast, deep fried twinkie/oreo, cookies n cream were all stellar single shot recipes imo. their hazelnut was also really good by itself when I tested it. I can't wait to get that butter pecan pie to use with the hazelnut for adapting alissa's bust a nut rf sc recipe.

9. Daintanee

Daintanee Active Member

It was inawera, but they have different raspberries. I think you said it was the one Ecigexpress sold? Oh yes, TFA sweet raspberry is very good also, it's been a while since I tried that one.

Sorry Deuce, I know these aren't recipes, but only flavors, but any of those berries would be good in custards. @wllmc is the custard master. It's far from simple, but have you tried his Game Over recipe
    http://vapingunderground.com/threads/mama-js-game-over-custard-the-official-thread-by-wllmc.321945/
    I also enjoyed Wayne Walker's
    https://diyordievaping.com/2015/08/17/rhodonite/
    It's that raspberry in Wayne's recipe is the good INW. One. INW Raspberry Concentrate.

Heartsdelight, Inspects, Mjag and 2 others like this.
  10. Teresa P

Teresa P Active Member

That would be Jungle Flavors from ECX. Comparable to Flavorah in taste and strength. Matter of fact, I ran short of the FV boysenberry for a mix and had to use the JF, couldn't tell any difference.

Heartsdelight, Inspects, Mjag and 2 others like this.
  11. Mjag

Now I need to get some Sugar Cub with my next order based on your recommendation.

What percentage are you using the Bread Pudding 1 at? That one I am struggling with as I can't taste anything beyond the cinnamon, just not working out for me like the VG version did. Cookies n cream is really good and finally mixed a super tasty french toast using the RF SC while adding Baked Bread and a few more things. Once I have the French Toast recipe nailed down I will post it here. I forgot to list Paczki, I like that one too but needs a little more of a bakery note for me, was thinking of adding some donut to it. Your right, a lot of good single flavors from RF,

Thanks for reminding me, need to try out alissa's recipe now that I can make a all RF SC version, I remember her saying she liked BaN better using RFSC but was just missing butter pecan.

Heartsdelight and Inspects like this.
  12. Mjag

The INW and TFA are the only 2 Raspberries I have and there both delicious, I got my INW from ECX. Might have to give that Jungle Flavors version a try on my next order based on @Teresa P recommendation.

13. Teresa P

Teresa P Active Member

14. Mjag

15. Teresa P

Teresa P Active Member

They have a large sale section, make sure you browse through while you're there.

16. fozzy71

fozzy71 Active Member

I do all my RFSC at 3.5%. I am not that picky and will vape most anything and didn't get the SC version until long after the VG version was gone so I can't compare them. Maybe try adding a tiny bit of baked bread and something like rice pudding to it to try and round it out some more? Don't bother with v2 version of it, or any of their v2 versions, as the cinnamon notes are even higher in those.

17. Mjag

The Baked Bread is a great suggestion, going to try that out with a drop or 2 in a 30ml mix as it is crazy strong.

Heartsdelight, Inspects and fozzy71 like this.
  18. Mykreign

Mykreign Member

I'm with @Mjag on the tfa strawberry. It's a good single flavor mix.

FLV peach gummy is real good by itself.

Osdiy blue raspberry slushee is another one.

A couple simple recipes...

Orange cream
    2% blood orange FA
    .5% cream fresh FA
    .5% marshmallow FA
    .5% meringue FA

By far the best orange cream I've tried. No sub for blood orange.

Grape cream slush
    8% grape soda FW
    5% vanilla bean ice cream CAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Daintanee

Daintanee Active Member

Enabler!!

20. Mjag

I have heard @Fidalgo Vapes say that Real Flavors Strawberry Milkshake SC is excellent all by itself. Haven't tried that one personally but probably will one day.