FDA declares youth vaping an epidemic, announces investigation, new enforcement

Discussion in 'Vaping News' started by Vapin4Joy, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Vapin4Joy

Vapin4Joy 2 year member reviewer

2. Deucesjack

Deucesjack 2 year member reviewer

I hate these non elected government hacks. You want to deal with an epidemic? Try starting with the opioid epidemic.

Wake up people, start voting for representatives that are for less government involvement in your life. Get educated and get vocal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. Vapin4Joy

Vapin4Joy 2 year member reviewer

+1 on voting! After seeing the turn out at the Vape Expo here in Richmond two weeks ago, there are many, many voices, get out and vote!

4. Whitesoxfan2579

Whitesoxfan2579 2 year member

Very well said DJ.

madstabber and Whiskey like this.
  5. madstabber

madstabber 2 year member

Calling youth vaping an epidemic is ridiculous. It’s a flat out lie but I suppose we should be used to that by now. The government should be worried about enforcing the laws on the books not banning things. If all these kids are vaping then punish the suppliers of these fictional child vapers. When they ban something it just opens up the black market for these goods. That’s when real problems happen. The government needs to do their job and stop talking bans. Oh yea and stop lying but I won’t hold my breath in that one.

Whiskey likes this.
  6. pateralus9

pateralus9 one year member

As if vaping hasn't gotten enough bad publicity lately, the show Family Guy on Fox aired an episode Sunday night, 10/7/2018, titled "Dead Dog Walking," where they address vaping in what I would describe as a negative way.
    The subplot has infant Stewie discover vaping at a high school party. A kid who's vaping with a group of other teenagers tells Stewie, "Smoking is for losers; vaping is for douchebags."
    Later, Stewie introduces his older brother Chris to vaping. Chris infers that because what Stewie gives him is a raspberry flavor, it must be for kids.
    Stewie and Chris joke later that when a person doesn't vape for three hours, they go through nicotine withdrawal & begin shaking.
    Here are some shots from my TV showing the rough order of some of the subplot:
    IMG_20181009_120155722_BURST001.jpg IMG_20181009_115457299.jpg IMG_20181009_115520482.jpg IMG_20181009_115555070.jpg IMG_20181009_121330311.jpg
    Later, when their mother Lois realizes Stewie is vaping, she takes his vape pen away. Stewie is "jonesing" so badly that he actually fights Chris for Chris's pen:
    IMG_20181009_122123341.jpg
    Near the end of the episode, Chris catches Lois in their yard smoking a cigarette. Lois says vaping is just as bad for you as smoking & calls Chris a douchebag for vaping. She takes a picture of him & posts it on social media describing him as such.

I just thought some of you might want to know this is out there. A lot of people will likely see this, & because of the timing with the FDA investigation, I believe it has the potential to do even more harm to the vaping industry.
    I like Family Guy--I only saw this episode because I DVR the show--& I realize they say they make fun of everyone equally. But material like this is unfortunate to see for those of us who don't want to see a flavor ban, or any other kind of ban.

What are your thoughts?

7. Deucesjack

Fake news! Unfortunately the main stream media, and Hollywood walk in lock step with all these government hacks. They will push their agenda at any cost. People need to start voting for representatives that are for less government in their lives. Then, and only then will we affect real change. Remember, there is one party that is totally against vaping and wants to tax it into oblivion. They have sent their media minions out to do their bidding.

I want to know why no one has looked into this FDA commissioner. Guy used to be a pharmaceutical banking analyst. You think he owns some BP stocks? I'll bet dollars to donuts he does. If not in his name then in a family members name. It's a big swamp and vaping is now the target.

The good news, we have an election in a few weeks. Get out there and vote for the representatives that are pro business and pro vaping. If you don't know their position, call their office and ask. If vapers put aside their political ideology and voted as a block, the swamp would be forced to listen.

madstabber, Whiskey, pete67 and 2 others like this.
  8. Deucesjack

Oh yeah, and just in case anyone does call their representative and they tell you he/she has no position on it, here is my response.

That's unfortunate, if he/she can not tell me where they stand in on this issue. I can not in good conscience take a position for him/her in the voting booth.

madstabber, pateralus9 and Whiskey like this.
  9. madstabber

madstabber 2 year member

Well said Deuce, the only way we can turn the tide of this is voting. There is too much money on the other side being lost so our voice is our only chance because our collective wallets can compete.

Whiskey, pateralus9 and Deucesjack like this.
  10. Deucesjack

I agree, unfortunately to many people are ideologues and they can't look past that for the greater good of vaping. Yet, they are the first to bitch and moan when legislators try to regulate vaping.

madstabber, Whiskey and pateralus9 like this.