Favorite Wicking Brand

Discussion in 'Wicking Material' started by Moderator, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Nailz

Nailz 3 year member

Not a fan of rayon, for me got a funky taste from it, for the longest time I used puffs cotton pads, but then got some cotton bacon for free, used that for a few months, when I run out went back to the puffs, but I could taste the cotton, so went back to cotton bacon and recently stocked up with 10 bags of CBV2, should last me a while :)

I did try Native wicks, which I thought wasn't bad either, better than the puff pads, but just find cotton bacon easier to work with overall.

LDuBC, SnapDragon NY and Deucesjack like this.
  2. TrollDragon

TrollDragon Active Member

Y'all can keep your boutique cotton... :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The 3lb box is all you will even need! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

3. TrollDragon

TrollDragon Active Member

I also use dm Viskose, it's 100% Rayon but only available in Germany. Higher quality than the Graham CelluCotton, but not as easy to work with as it is rolled into balls. I am going to have to find someone who will send me another bag very soon. :)

dm Viskose.png

4. fozzy71

fozzy71 Active Member

the first few vapes can have an off taste but that can be minimized or eliminated by pulsing the coils as you prime the wicks before you put the rest of the topper together. The benefit of being able to vape 100 - 150ml of juice between re-wicks far outweighs the chance of 5 - 10 funky hits after a re-wick for me.

SnapDragon NY, LDuBC, Letitia and 4 others like this.
  5. jimi

jimi 3 year member

Cotton bacon for me. In hard times I've used organic cotton from walgreens though

6. HUNS0N_ABADEER

HUNS0N_ABADEER Active Member

7. Bob Mars

Bob Mars Active Member

Here's what I like in the order of my preference. Your taste may be completely different. I hope you will get an opportunity to try them all.

Drago Eygyptian - an astounding difference in flavor
    Kendo - excellent flavor in almost every device
    Cotton Bacon - good flavor in most devices
    Muji - rather tastless
    Vaper's Choice - great flavor at high wattages, absolutely flavorless under 20 watts, to me..
    Cotton balls - ok
    Rayon (cellucotton) - ok, much like Muji to me

Thank You!!! :)

PS - The first review I saw on wicking materials...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  8. Bigbob2322

Bigbob2322 3 year member

Only Rayon for me.

9. Inspects

Inspects Well-Known Member

^^^this^^^....:)

10. jimi

jimi 3 year member

I have not tried Drago Eygyptian Bob where do you get yours, I'd like to try it buddy

11. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight 3 year member

12. Bob Mars

Bob Mars Active Member

13. jimi

jimi 3 year member

14. Alaskavaper

Alaskavaper Well-Known Member

I have been using Cotton Bacon for several years now and am not inclined to change. I tried Kendo Gold briefly and did'nt care for it. I also occasionally use bamboo rayon that an Australian vaper gifted me and it is very good. GeeKay Vape reviews did an extended comparison of various cottons last year and also included cellucotton (rayon). I predicted that the rayon would win and at the end it did edge out all the branded cottons. I believe that he will be doing another extend test of some newer brands soon and if one has an interest in such subtilties then subscribe to his excellent channel.

15. Irked Particle

Irked Particle one year member

On YouTube there's a channel called Geekay Vapes who did an entire series called Wicking Wars, where he creates a bracket & pits different brands of cotton against each other until he declared a winner. He used identical mech mods & the same juice for each, & focused solely on flavor (not longevity, absorbency, etc.) Good series.
    Season 2 isn't complete, but the Season 1 winner was Rayon.
    Edit: Oh haha Alaskavaper, I only just saw you mentioned all this after I typed up this comment! LOL

16. Heartsdelight

17. Irked Particle

Irked Particle one year member

So I've been using Cotton Bacon v2 since I quit cigarettes for good 4 months ago, & I love it for all the reasons everyone has mentioned thus far.
    But I do want to mention that I bought some cotton from Amazon that I also really like. It's sold by a company called Amoza, & comes in a continuous strand like Kendo Gold (which I haven't yet tried). You get 13 feet for $9.99.
    So far I'm really enjoying it, switching between it & Cotton Bacon v2. I like the Amoza because it's very soft, easy to work with, seems to wick a lot of juice for its size, & has no flavor as far as I can tell. I have a feeling the 13 feet I have will last a very long time.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  18. Deucesjack

Deucesjack 3 year member reviewer

Rayon? I did try it. Mark sent me a baggie of it. It wasn't bad but I'm definitely partial to Native Wicks Platinum Blend. It's all I've been using for the last few months. I love Vapers Choice Cotton when I'm in need of long tails. It looks like hair but the capillary action on it is phenomenal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

19. SnapDragon NY

SnapDragon NY 3 year member Weekly Referral Winner

Thanks to @Heartsdelight for sending me some Rayon to try and I really like using it!
    I followed the instructions on the above link she posted- and now I have been switching all my RDTAs, and RDAs with Rayon.
    Good stuff, nice clean flavor and easy to use. The small bag she sent me will last quite a while!

I see a trip to my local Sally's Supply in my future to get more rayon- LOL!

20. Heartsdelight

So happy you are enjoying it. The best feature of rayon for me is the time between rewicking is phenomenal! I can go a month to two depending on the juice, usually the coil is gunked but the wick is still fine.

Bigbob2322 and SnapDragon NY like this.