Curious as to why my Pulse X is behaving strangely

Discussion in 'Squonkers' started by rocketyos, May 25, 2019.

1. rocketyos

rocketyos Well-Known Member 1 year member

I really like this mod. It's compact enough and lightweight. It's easy to use. I like that it takes 21700 batts. I take an extra with me during the day and the set up is just right. I have a dark red G10 and I like the feel of the material. But it's acting weird.

1) When I leave the mod alone for a while, it jumps from the watts I set it at to 42w. It also now and then asks if I've installed a new coil. This happens whether or not I lock the mod, btw.
    2) The coils in the Pulse X RDA gunk up big time. It doesn't matter what coils I use. They gunk up faster than, for example, coils on other RDAs or RTAs. And I'm using the same juice in all of them.

I had to have my Pulse X repaired. I dropped it a few times and had the juice spill all over the place. The repair guy did a good job. That said, it was doing all these weird things before I dropped it. And now that it's all fixed, it's doing it again.

It works, so I just keep changing the watts back to where I want it and indicating that I haven't changed the coil. I'm just wondering what's going on here.

2. Vapin4Joy

Vapin4Joy Well-Known Member 1 year member

Hiya Rocket,
    Could be one or more things not right. How old is the battery your using, may be it's not holding amps or nosing over. Perhaps a bad 510, try cleaning it with a Q-Tip dipped in alcohol. Check the battery sled/contacts, clean. Or the chip has failed.
    Post more info, type of battery, does it act up with all RDA's and or Tanks?

3. rocketyos

I'm using a Samsung 3000 mAh battery, purchased in January of this year from a reliable seller who doesn't sell fake batts. I don't think it's the battery. I have much older 18650 batts that still do a decent job. I'll try cleaning and testing it with other attys. Thanks for the suggestions.

Vapin4Joy likes this.
  4. rocketyos

So I tested the mod with the serpent elevate RTA and wasp nano RDA I haven't had any issues with either atty. I think the problem is that the Pulse X RDA just gets too hot. I don't know the science behind that but the attys that stay cool don't impact the mod's performance.

Vapin4Joy likes this.
  5. Vapin4Joy

Vapin4Joy Well-Known Member 1 year member

Most likely a bad build/coil or the coil is shorting out.

6. rocketyos

Thanks. I'll change coils and see if I get better performance. Will come back with more feedback. :)