cthulhu mjölnir rDA Preview designed by me, anthony vapes

Discussion in 'RDA' started by Anthony_Vapes, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes Moderator Staff Member Moderator 1 year member reviewer Weekly Referral Winner

Hi peeps, I’m making this post to introduce you to a new RDA that i designed in collaboration with Cthulhu Mods named the Mjölnir RDA. I won’t be doing a formal review as i believe it’s tacky to do so, so i’ll leave that up to other reviewers so this is more like a preview. I did want to introduce it and discuss some of the designs though and field questions about it.

What’s in a name?
    Well naming things is not always easy so why Mjölnir? Well Mjölnir works quite a few ways for me personally. It’s the hammer of thor in both norse mythology and the marvel universe and considered one of the most powerful weapons. And i’m a sucker for both mythology and comics. Thor was one of my favorite superheroes when i was a kid. It’s also the name of the armor worn by master chief in the popular video game series halo which i’m a fan of as well so overall just seemed like a fitting name. It also sounds cool and should be funny with reviewers trying to pronounce it and butcher it.

So how did this all happen?
    Well it started over a year ago. I was approached by Cthulhu in Summer of 2017 to design an atomizer, Originally I was going for a dual coil 30mm RTA as i felt there weren’t many good ones on the market at the time. It was just the aromamizer plus and modfather really but a few other good ones have come out since then. After several beta’s and fixes it was scrapped in favor of an RDA as it wasn’t “just right” as i needed it to be and wasn’t going to release a subpar product with my name on it, so early in january of 2018 we decided to go with an RDA as i felt the market lacked and still does a killer affordable easy to find single coil RDA that has great flavor and works excellent as a dripper and squonker and doesn't need a massive coil so can work well with mech squonkers. So that was the aim since then.

How does it look?
    For people who know my reviews , they know i’m not a fan of big cringy logos or crazy designed RDAs i like to keep it simple and classy looking but have a little bit of flair to it. So i added some useful knurling to the RDA. Here are some stock pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what is the Mjölnir RDA?
    It’s a single coil RDA designed to be used with low watt to medium watt DTL builds with a big aim on being perfect for mech squonkers and single battery squonkers but of course can be used just as good on a dripper or bigger mod as well. It’s focused on ease of build, Flavor, and leak protection. So lets give a run down of the specs and features

Double Chamber
    It’s a 24mm RDA overall however the extra size is for function. What you really have is a 20mm RDA shoved inside a 24mm enclosure. Doing that allows for a reduced chamber while allowing for the other features i’ll go over to exist. It also dissipates heat so you won’t get any hot lips from this RDA even when chain vaping.I call it the “double chamber” design as you can see in this

[​IMG]

Build Deck
    The build deck is nothing new or fancy, but it is a simple tried and true proven deck that’s easy to build on. Going with a simple 2 post design with posts on opposite sides and cut out slits on each post. It’s basically a smaller version of the deck used in many RDAs like the wasp nano, ammit 25 RTA, asmodus C4 RDA etc. i love that style deck for its ease of building personally so no need to reinvent the wheel on every part of this RDA. going with a known good build deck people know how to build on and is easy was a key for me. And of course it’ll have my favorite good quality hex grub screws. It can accommodate up to a 4mm ID coil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top Cap
    As i said earlier i like to keep things simple. The top cap itself has no visible logo. I didn’t want it too plain though so went with a knurling on the bottom and some ribbing on the top. It gives it a little flair and also adds grip since you turn the whole top cap to adjust the airflow so it has style and function. It also locks into place to make it easy to screw on and off your mod. It’ll lock in with the air fully open one way and fully closed the other way

Standard Accessories
    The Mjölnir RDA will come with 2 drip tips. A resin 810 tip and a clear PMMA 510 tip as well as a 510 adapter and you can use any of your own tips. Resin and clear are my 2 favorites these days so i went with those personally. But of course if you don’t like those options you can use any of your own. It’ll also come with a squonk pin of course

Airflow and over drip/over squonk protection
    Now the airflow, as everyone knows i’m a flavor guy so the obvious choice for me is bottom airflow. Everyone knows bottom airflow is best for flavor it’s no secret in vaping. So the trick was how to get bottom airflow but still have great protection for squonking and dripping down the center. What i went with is an “open” airflow design that comes in from the side but is angeled via full tubes not just angeled into an open area that takes the air right under the coil. What this allows for is a true bottom airflow that you can drip right down the center and it’ll pass through the bottom air right into the massive sized juice well. When squonking the juice well it’s so large and the deck and airflow is raised up that you can squeeze the hell out of the bottle and not get a leak. It’s very beginner squonk friendly and allows for dripping down the center without the sacrifice of losing flavor like the other protecting RDAs on the market

[​IMG]

So in short why should people be interested in this?
    Well i felt the need to fill a gap in the market. There are good single coil RDAs out there, but nothing you can find that is affordable, widely made, that focuses on flavor, has a massive juice well, doesn't need a big build but can work with one, gives over squonk protection, has a massive juice well, and allows you to drip right down the center. It flat out doesn’t exist. All the good ones are missing some piece of that puzzle. There isn’t even a bottom airflow squonking single coil RDA i’m aware of as most of them are side airflow and a couple are top airflow. I have to say i’m pretty proud of the design and I think it fits a need that many vapers have currently who have settled on dealing with something lacking from the good options out there.

where can i buy it , how much is it, and is it available?
    Right now it’s available on cthulhu’s site for 29.99 here https://shop.cthulhumod.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=93 not sure where in the US but if i get any updates on who will carry it i’ll be happy to let people know. Official product page is here https://www.cthulhumod.com/mjolnir-rda-unique-double-chamber-system/ and i should have a giveaway for a couple of them soon as well :)

I will make a video on this as well and build tutorial hopefully next week and will let you all know when it’s up but in the meantime feel free to ask questions or discuss it :) review samples will be in the hands of reddit reviewers shortly as well #teampositivty!

rocketyos, Raymcconn, Whiskey and 4 others like this.
  2. karacal

karacal New Member

Congratulations on getting your ideas made into reality. I like the airflow design.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Deucesjack and Anthony_Vapes like this.
  3. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 1 year member Head of Giveaways

I get one right, Ant????:emoji_joy::emoji_joy:
    Nice review!!!!!!:emoji_grin::emoji_thumbsup:

4. Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes Moderator Staff Member Moderator 1 year member reviewer Weekly Referral Winner

thanks!

5. Deucesjack

Deucesjack Well-Known Member 1 year member reviewer

Congrats to my brother Anthony Vapes. A great friend and an all around good egg. Glad to see this idea make it to reality. Very proud of you bro. All the best and I hope this atty is a HUGE success.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6. Vapin4Joy

Vapin4Joy Well-Known Member 1 year member

A good looking design, I'm going to get one for myself! :emoji_thumbsup:

karacal and Deucesjack like this.
  7. Anthony_Vapes

thanks man! i'm pretty excited about it :)

thanks!

karacal, Deucesjack and Vapin4Joy like this.
  8. Raymcconn

Raymcconn Well-Known Member 1 year member

Congrats, this went on the short list!!

9. Anthony_Vapes

thanks!

Vapin4Joy, Deucesjack and Raymcconn like this.
  10. rocketyos

rocketyos Well-Known Member 1 year member

I have this in my shopping cart :)

11. rocketyos

rocketyos Well-Known Member 1 year member

So I couldn't buy it from overseas but my friend went to China and I asked her to get me one. I've been vaping on it non-stop for three days. Flavor is excellent. Heat dissipation is excellent. I tried another RDA on the armour pro and the top half of the pro was getting really hot. When I finally had my hands on this, I liked that the deck was elevated keeps the build high away from the mod. Now the pro never gets hot even when I chain vape. I like that it's single coil, and has a really deep juice well. There's so much to enjoy about this RDA. A lot of other RDAs are over-hyped. This one to me isn't getting enough hype, so much so, it isn't yet available in the Philippines. What's generally sold here are the items that get too much buzz and end up being disappointing.

Anthony_Vapes likes this.
  12. Anthony_Vapes

glad you like it :)

rocketyos likes this.