Beware of the Vapemons Gearbox!

Discussion in 'Regulated' started by Mjag, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Mjag

Mjag 2 year member reviewer

Warning to anyone looking to get the Vapemons Gearbox, I ordered one for myself and 2 for a friend and they all have problems. Working with efun.top right now to alleviate this problem, they have been responding.

Problem 1 is mine came with a rusted gear that is used to change the settings.

[​IMG]
    20190123_163650.jpg2160×2160 1.1 MB

It still works just looks like shit. Upon further inspection I found that the screws in the battery compartment are rusted as well.

[​IMG]
    20190123_163637.jpg2160×2160 1.08 MB

[​IMG]
    20190123_163624.jpg2160×2160 1.06 MB

Being an idiot I tried it before noticing the rusted screws in the battery compartment. The mod worked but did freeze up on me a couple of times, removing one battery and reinstalling it remedied that. Now that I see rust on the battery compartment screws it will never see a battery in it again.

My friend got both the green and white versions. His white is fine aside from the bottom magnet coming off the battery door, no rust to speak of.

His green looks fine but does not work, keeps showing short with any tank he puts on it. Had him make a video to send to efun.

3 out of 3 have problems and 2 are pretty much bricks.

Too bad as it is a cool looking mod but this is ridiculous.

2. Deucesjack

Deucesjack 2 year member reviewer

Thx for the heads up. You got a pic of the whole mod?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Vapin4Joy, pete67 and Mjag like this.
  3. Mjag

Here is the one I have

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Vapin4Joy likes this.
  4. Mjag

Took this pic of both colors from the interwebs[​IMG]

pete67, Vapin4Joy and Deucesjack like this.
  5. Deucesjack

Wow! Wtf! Did they strap that on a Chinese guys back and swim it to you?

Vapin4Joy, Raymcconn and Mjag like this.
  6. Mjag

Lmao I think so.

My bro is convinced they were all exposed to water at the factory before being boxed up as the packaging doesn't have any water damage although my box does have a rust spot where the gear touches it.[​IMG]

Vapin4Joy likes this.
  7. Nailz

Nailz 2 year member

Wow, I know chinese QC can not be great, but that is just BS, sure looks nice in the web pics, be really bummed to get what you got, and now have to jump through hoops to get resolved probably.

Vapin4Joy, Deucesjack and Mjag like this.
  8. Deucesjack

Just thank the Vape Gods it's not a Dovpo mod. Lmfao!

9. Mjag

Yeah, this is crazy, never had such a bad experience and wanted to warn others as it looked like it happened in the factory before being boxed up.

It actually looks cool in person, at least the other 2 with no rusted gear.

I just think it is a dangerous situation, don't want anyone out there to get a mod that is compromised from a safety standpoint.

Vapin4Joy, Deucesjack and Nailz like this.
  10. Mjag

Lmfao, efun has been good to deal with so far but it hasn't been resolved yet. Maybe they get pissed by this post and the other 3 I posted in other sites but oh well, would rather warn the public then have someone get a mod that could be potentially dangerous. I know I will not use the one I have, freezing on me 2 times and knowing moisture has exposed.....I don't need no venting batteries

Vapin4Joy, Deucesjack and Raymcconn like this.
  11. Raymcconn

Raymcconn 2 year member

I have seen something like this happen before on items from China. After a big investigation it turned out it was what the factory was cleaning the parts with. I don't know what the exact solution consisted of and the % of each ingredient but it was not correct. After manufacturing, two weeks on water, another week or week and a half on the rail they started to rust by the time we unloaded container. Looked a lot like your pics.
    That sucks, I think the one you got looks real cool.

12. Mjag

Yeah, that might just the case Ray.

Funny thing is I asked my friend if either of his have any rust and he says no. He is the one that got a DOA but the other one works, just has the bottom magnet come off the door which mine eventually came off as well.

They are cool looking mods and I got to see my friends green version in person....at the time I was thinking damn, I should have ordered that color too but that was the one that was doa.

These even come with a wireless charging pad, not like I would ever use it, probably light up like a Roman candle....ugh

Vapin4Joy, Deucesjack and Raymcconn like this.
  13. Raymcconn

Raymcconn 2 year member

I looked it up after reading this thread and saw it came with the charging pad. I was thinking about the same thing, no way would I use it after what you posted. LMAO

14. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 2 year member Head of Giveaways

Wonder if there was flooding in the building/warehouse where these were kept

Mjag, Vapin4Joy and pete67 like this.
  15. Vapin4Joy

Vapin4Joy 2 year member reviewer

Possibly damaged goods, that were stored in a warehouse in a area that was hit by the Typhoon that hit China a couple of months ago, unload damaged goods on the US.

pete67, Raymcconn, Mjag and 1 other person like this.
  16. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member

And Unload they will...they have NO ONE monitoring anything they produce and we get to be the lucky recipients of what ever the hell they feel like putting on the market.Kinda scary if you think too much about it...

Sorry you and your friends ended up with that pile of rusty Chinesium

pete67 likes this.
  17. Mjag

Just to update anyone following this saga after trying to get efun.top to do the right thing I finally had to file a PayPal dispute. Efun.top still tried the same shit, oh, we will give you a $25 credit to use in our store, is that ok and you drop the $120 dispute........no fucknuts!

Well after 4 months of BS PayPal today ruled in my favor, I will get a full refund and efun.top can suck it

Nailz, Deucesjack and Whiskey like this.
  18. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 2 year member Head of Giveaways

As you should have, glad things worked out in your favor MJ:emoji_sunglasses::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Nailz and Mjag like this.
  19. Mjag

Thank you Whiskey :emoji_smile:

It was more about the principle than the money, I offered them the chance to just send me a partial refund, take out what it would cost me to return all 3 which was $32.50 via USPS. They refused that and pretty much just wanted to give me a store credit for what amounted to a joke for 3 damaged items, 2 of which do not work at all, I even made a video showing them so and the 3rd with rust from the result of water damage which is not safe to use.

Hopefully, they treat their customers better in the future but I for one will never shop there again, in fact, I haven't ordered from any China site since, not worth the hassle to save a little if I can get it in the US and have peace of mind.

Nailz and Whiskey like this.
  20. Deucesjack

That is why I love using PP. They are very consumer orientated. Sorry, you had such a hard time but I'm glad it worked out in the end. Efun should still give you the $25 credit just because of all the hassle and BS you had to go thru.

Nailz, Whiskey and Mjag like this.