Best MTL RTA's

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Nailz, Aug 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nailz

Nailz 2 year member

I only MTL vape, and always like trying new tanks, even though not nearly as many MTL tanks get released as DL, which probably a good thing for my wallet.

I do like a more airy MTL vape though, so people might not agree with my selection, but my best MTL tanks at the moment that are being used are -

Digiflavor Siren since it came out has been my no.1 tank, keep trying new tanks, but it keeps top spot for it's flavor

Doggystyle, great MTL tank, but bottom fill is a PITA

Hussar with 1.3mm center pin, great vape and great sized tank, but plastic tank

Skyline, great looking tank, but top fill can be a pain though.

Letitia, jimi, Bigbob2322 and 3 others like this.
  2. Mjag

Mjag 2 year member reviewer

Hmmm, never really got into the MTL game but might have to pick up a Siren based on your recommendation. Thanks for the list

rocketyos, jimi, pete67 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Deucesjack

Deucesjack 2 year member reviewer

I like my Smok Spirals Plus. Even though it takes factory coils it also comes with an RBA section. I get a very nice MTL vape from it.

jimi, Coval51, Mjag and 2 others like this.
  4. Markw4mms

Markw4mms Well-Known Member

I don't MTL real often, but when I do, I usually grab my Bachelor Nano, excellent flavor RTA in my opinion.

jimi, Mjag, Deucesjack and 1 other person like this.
  5. Smoant

Smoant Member

My favorite is the Augvape Merlin mini. 3 wrap alien @ .16 with the tightest restrictor at 20 watts. Not your average MTL but it has incredible flavor.

jimi, Mjag, Coval51 and 2 others like this.
  6. Deucesjack

Great tank and extremely versatile as well. There are a plethora of airflow ranges you can run on that tank.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

rocketyos, jimi, Mjag and 2 others like this.
  7. Coval51

Coval51 New Member

It is a great MTL tank, right now I've got a Titanium, 24 ga., 6 wrap, 3 mm ID, .2 ohm spaced coil running at 480 degrees at 30 watts. This is with the larger of the 2 airflow restrictors installed. What a nice vape, long, slow and tight draw with outstanding flavor. Only drawback is the juice capacity...I do wish it held more juice.

rocketyos, jimi, Mjag and 1 other person like this.
  8. Deucesjack

Titamium! Nice, never vaped with it. How do you like it compared to SS?

jimi, Coval51 and Mjag like this.
  9. Mjag

Mjag 2 year member reviewer

Forgot the Merlin Mini has restrictors for the airflow to turn it into a MTL tank. I love using it in single coil mode but have it wide open, might have to try the MTL restrictor for it.

Great tank and the rare single coil tank still left in my rotation, like the single deck as much or better than the dual coil option.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

jimi and Coval51 like this.
  10. Coval51

Coval51 New Member

I'm a big fan of it myself, I find that for temp control, being that is has a much higher TCR (.0034) than 316L Stainless (.00092) it provides a very accurate temp control vape. As for any taste issues, absolutely none, Ti01 is a very clean alloy (the more carbon in the alloy, the weirder the taste gets), although I often use stainless just so I can have the freedom of placing the atty on any of my mods, whether they are temp control or not. Much easier to work with than nickel (remember those days LOL) or stainless IMO, very similar to Kanthal maybe just a tad springier.

jimi, Deucesjack and Moderator like this.
  11. Coval51

Coval51 New Member

If you'd like to try some PM me your address, I'll stick some in an envelope for ya. I do recommend certain brands as I know which are proper alloys, many brands of vaping wire would shock you if you really knew what was in that particular alloy. Cheap wire is cheap because they don't spend the time and effort to ensure the alloys are properly mixed. Not just talking out of my butt either, from 2005 to 2015 I worked as a machinist making aircraft parts.

jimi and Deucesjack like this.
  12. Deucesjack

Thx for the informative post about that. That is really Kool of you. I truly appreciate that. Pm incoming.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

jimi and Coval51 like this.
  13. BigNasty

BigNasty 2 year member

Temco decent for it?
    I have some here but finding it meh at best.

jimi likes this.
  14. Bigbob2322

Bigbob2322 2 year member

Really loving my Coppervape Skyline.

Nailz and jimi like this.
  15. BigNasty

BigNasty 2 year member

OK got a siren 2 coming for the mom unit.
    Looks like it will tackle the max vg she likes and MTL tight draw without the dry hits.

Nailz likes this.
  16. Nailz

Nailz 2 year member

I'm waiting for the 4.5 mil version to drop and then will try one :)

Lately been enjoying the berserker and the kayfun prime, the hussar is still in rotation though.

Bigbob2322 likes this.
  17. BigNasty

BigNasty 2 year member

4 ml for her is good, I got her a kayfun something with adjustable juice control.
    Fucking remotes melt her head fucking forget juice control, if it spins it is tightened beyond finger tight.
    It has gotten so bad I refuse to recoil but rewick her sub tank. THat motherfucker leaks like a sieve due to her damaging the o rings.

Nailz likes this.
  18. vaporl

vaporl Authorized Vendor

I like my aspire nautilus 2, it's really good

19. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Active Member

My kind of thread.
    I haven’t tried the skyline yet but my favourites are the dvarw mtl rta which is very very good or phenomenon lite which can both be opened up.
    Some people don’t care for the looks of the dvarw but it makes no difference to me. There are extra reducers but the smallest one installed is perfect for me.
    I have a phenomenon lite from Gus which I use with one air hole open. There are three so that may be airy enough.
    One of my faves is the heron v1 which is tight and good (the tight ones are always better imo...)
    The spheroid v4 and heron v2 will be open enough but possibly too much.
    Obviously the kayfun lite is high up on that list.
    I get a whistle from the kfun v3 with the screw tightened enough for me. I have a kfun 5 which I dislike.
    I wish I waited for the prime.

For the looser draw I recommend a dvarw with the larger afr or the phenomenon lite with 3 air holes open.

Nailz likes this.
  20. Nailz

Nailz 2 year member

Update to what I am using and tried lately -

Merlin RTA, good little MTL tank with air plugs, nothing mindblowing, but had no leaking, in daily rotation right now.

Berserker, good flavor and good looking tank, but gurgles/leaks when refilling, so was bottom filling, but now put up due to this and easier tanks coming in.

Kayfun Prime, expensive, but is a really good MTL tank with great flavor, in my daily rotation.

Siren V2 4.5 mil version, don't think the flavor is as good as the V1 Siren, but still a good MTL vape though, and really easy to build on, I love the top fill on this one, just quick easy twist and off, being used as my at work tank.

Finally the Innokin Ares, they was so close to making this a perfect tank, flavor is the best of this bunch, and really easy to build on too, the top fill is easy, but it doesn't seem to seal properly, so do get seeping from it, hoping this is something they will address, and they will have a real winner if they do, also in my daily rotation.

Mjag, Zutankhamun and Bigbob2322 like this.