Batteries not fully charging.

Discussion in 'Batteries' started by AntJoCac, May 28, 2018.

1. AntJoCac

AntJoCac New Member

Hi. I just bought new batteries and a new charger.
    InteliCharger4 and HohmLife Batteries. The charger says I can charge the battery just by putting them in the slots and plugging them in. When I do, the batteries and charger get VERY hot. It will charge at 4.2 but the instructions say it’s ok. The battery never fully charged. If I run the battery at the manually set 3.7 setting they run very cool, but the battery never fully charged. They say they are fully charged on the charger, but inside my mod they register at 3/4 charged. The mod is a Reuleaux 300. They’ve been on the charger for at least 10 hours. The mod is brand new also. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks.

2. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 2 year member Head of Giveaways

Hi and welcome to VapingInsider....Sounds like you may have a defective battery charger OR the batteries are bad, one or the other, have you tried charging a different set of batteries on the charger?

pete67 likes this.
  3. AntJoCac

AntJoCac New Member

I’d have to buy more, which I couldn’t afford to do right now. Made an initial major purchase of everything. They are charging... just not fully. Wondering if it’s something that I’m possibly doing. Batteries were 1/4 charged when I opened them. I’ve considered that one or the other were defective in some way, just don’t have any other recourse at this point, aside from returning my items back to California via Connecticut. I’m doing well not dipping, so I’m going to keep moving forward since I do have some success with them. The Hohm Life batteries are fairly new to the market as I’ve seen, so unsure if it needs something special to be done. Sometimes charger lights at 1.5A seems unadjustable. No idea what it’s chargeing at normally. I’ve been to each companies website and watched many videos. Still unsure of what’s happening. The bottom line is one of the two things is faulty or I’m doing something wrong. Not sure which.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  4. Whiskey

Whiskey The TCIC Staff Member Moderator 2 year member Head of Giveaways

I don't see anything you are doing wrong, so process of elimination, batteries or the charger, the only way you'll know which is defective is to try a different set of batteries.

pete67 likes this.
  5. AntJoCac

AntJoCac New Member

Thanks. Typically, do the batteries/charger get hot? They don’t burn my hands when touched, and the charger gets hotter than the batteries, I’ve been around chargers for one reason or another in my life, and I feel like the charger is a bit too hot, but different setups so I’m not totally sure. I feel like they should be charging slow and cool. I may just buy a new charger and new batteries that aren’t “new and better” and get a refund.

pete67 and Whiskey like this.
  6. Vapin4Joy

Vapin4Joy 2 year member reviewer

Chargers and batteries do get warm while charging, 120V in converted to DC, so the heat is the extra voltage being dissipated
    Your next batteries, stick to genuine Sony, LG or Samsung. HohmLife are overpriced Re Wraps. Also check the specs on your batteries they may be low Amps and Mah.

7. AntJoCac

AntJoCac New Member

I thought Hohm Life was a newly developed battery? As far as chargers go, I was thinking I’d possibke ditch this Intelichsrger and get the standard D4. Waiting on some email to see about an exchange.

8. Vapin4Joy

Are you charging at 3.7V? Charge at 4.2V to achieve full charge.
    3.7V is for storing the batteries for a extended period, it's under charge.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  9. AntJoCac

AntJoCac New Member

Yes I switched off of the 4.2 because after 3 to 4 hours the batteries were still not charged and the charger was quite hot. (The second time charging for that period of time) At 4.2 the charge display registered fully charged and only showed 3/4 charged in the mod.

pete67 and Vapin4Joy like this.
  10. Vapin4Joy

I think the batteries are bad!

11. Deucesjack

Deucesjack 2 year member reviewer

madstabber, Vapin4Joy and pete67 like this.
  12. madstabber

madstabber 2 year member

Hohm batteries are overpriced. Get lg, Samsung or Sony batteries. Also get them from a trusted source. Avoid eBay and Amazon and vape shops. Best place to get batteries is orbtronic or imrbatteries or liionwholesale. Those hohm life batteries cost more than ones from the three brands listed above and don’t perform as good. As far as your batteries getting warm that’s pretty normal. When I’m charging on all 4 slots at 1amp my batteries get warm, not hot but warm.

Whiskey and Vapin4Joy like this.