Anthony Vapes: Guide to Temp Control 2017 Video

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by Anthony_Vapes, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes Staff Member Moderator 2 year member reviewer Weekly Referral Winner

I felt the vaping world needed an updated guide to temp control. Most info out there is pretty old and outdated. So i made this video for people looking to take the plunge

sugarskulz, Phil_Lee, Whiskey and 3 others like this.
  2. Vapin4Joy

Vapin4Joy 2 year member reviewer

Great information, perhaps talk about proper temperature to vape at.

3. Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes Staff Member Moderator 2 year member reviewer Weekly Referral Winner

I thought about it but with each mod being different and. One really accurate per se. It's more of whatever feels good to you. I could have mentioned 400-480f though as a good range. I'll try and remember for my next one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey, Markw4mms and Vapin4Joy like this.
  4. Vapin4Joy

I was reading on-line about it does really depend on the juice that's being vaped, rule of thumb, stay below boiling point, but what's the boiling point?

Anthony_Vapes likes this.
  5. Anthony_Vapes

Boiling point should be the temp which the juice turns to vapor so I don't understand why one would stay under that unless I'm missing something

Vapin4Joy likes this.
  6. Vapin4Joy

Yea, that's the point, there is some info that juices change chemically when they reach boiling point, I was Googling juice boiling points one day and came across a couple of studies. I guess that could be a good thing, people are testing to see the affects of high heats on e-juice.

Markw4mms and Anthony_Vapes like this.
  7. Anthony_Vapes

Testing is good for sure. As long as it's not biased. I don't wanna see tests performed by big tobacco.

Whiskey and Vapin4Joy like this.
  8. Vapin4Joy

Me either, I think the major manufacturers are looking for the tech and knowledge to legitimize vaping/ the safest way.
    Talking about TC, I received a Aegis for review, I'm going to use it for a solid two weeks as my every day mod, at least 2000 hits on it.
    What is a little different about it is the TCR presets for the different wires, different from what we consider standard, an example, Ni is set at .000690, Ni is 000620? I manually set TCR for 620 and got a weak hit, at 700-710 off the hook. Do you plan to test the Aegis, I really can't find anything bad about it yet.

Whiskey, Anthony_Vapes and Markw4mms like this.
  9. Anthony_Vapes

Just tested it last night. I noticed the tc thing too
    SS is 91instead of 92. Temp control is no good anyway on it though lol

Vapin4Joy likes this.
  10. Vapin4Joy

Wellllllllll, it does something in TC, it is a killer in Power Mode!

Markw4mms and Anthony_Vapes like this.
  11. Markw4mms

Markw4mms Well-Known Member

All I can tell you is what I've learned from experience, some flavors are better at lower temps than others. I vape anywhere between 420°F and 540°F. Most of my juices are great between 480°- 530° but some of the more delicate flavors, and especially chocolate/coffee flavors are way better in the low to mid 400's range. YMMV.

Anthony_Vapes and Vapin4Joy like this.
  12. Anthony_Vapes

Power curve works really good

Vapin4Joy likes this.
  13. Vapin4Joy

Yep, your right, that basically is what I read on-line, they all have different boiling points based on how they are mixed, so different temps to vape.

Markw4mms likes this.
  14. Anthony_Vapes

Thanks for the info sir!

Markw4mms and Vapin4Joy like this.
  15. Vapin4Joy

Yes to that, I set a ramp down for the .2 notch/OBS Engine Sub, a gooood vape.

Anthony_Vapes and Markw4mms like this.
  16. Markw4mms

Markw4mms Well-Known Member

I was vaping some Golden Custard earlier that shines at 520-530°, now vaping some Salted Caramel and it's more flavorful at 480-500°, Kreed's Custard rocks between 450-480° for me using an RDA, it will also vary upon the RDA/tank used and the mod it is used on as well.

Anthony_Vapes likes this.
  17. Phil_Lee

Phil_Lee Active Member

I've just arrived (Blame Anthony_Vapes for promoting this forum on his Youtube video on TC), so this is my first contribution other than an intro in that section - I hope it both makes sense and is useful!
    My (home-brew) Cornish Cream Tea is weak and only cream at 180°C or below, almost pure cream but stronger by 190°, the scones gradually come in between there and 200°, by which time you get a little (just enough) of the strawberry jam, tasting very fresh and fruity. If you increase from there, the strawberry turns overcooked and dominates everything else. That's on a DNA75w, with case analyser run and internal resistance set, in a stable environment in both temperature and humidity, vaping it from a Kangertech Protank 4 with Pro RBA on twisted pair 28AWG (actually 0.3mm) SS316L dual coils, at 0.24Ω combined. As the tank heats up, the numbers shift downwards for a similar flavour. Wicking is a touch on the tight side, as chain vaping it thins the vapour (and therefore flavour).
    For what it's worth, I first started on temperature control on my first "proper" mod - a Kangertech Topbox mini starter kit. 5°c steps which were fairly consistent, if not all that accurate. They have pre-built chimney type stainless steel coils for the toptank and protank 4 at 0.2Ω and 0.5Ω or Ni at 0.15Ω - all the others are Kanthal based, so useless to me - but I keep those TC cartridge coils in stock for when my hands won't cooperate with my brain (I have a Protank 4 and two toptank minis, which all take the same coil (and RBA) size) plus a pile of assorted stuff that was going cheap here in the UK just before the TRPR (TPD gold-plated) regulations came into force in May.
    It's looking as if I'm going to have to re-learn Fahrenheit, since everyone in vaping seems to use that :(
    So my range of 180°C to 200°C would translate to 356°F - 392°F - I think! Dammit, my OCD is too much - that was in my head, and now I'm going to have to go check it! . . .
    OK, my brain is still working - that is correct.
    Oh, and it's 75%VG - I go higher in drippers, and I've found just adding VG to bring it up to 85% works quite well as the flavour is so much better from them anyway that you need to mix it a bit milder. But then I vape more to get the same nicotine!

Anthony_Vapes and Markw4mms like this.
  18. Anthony_Vapes

Welcome aboard :)

Phil_Lee and Markw4mms like this.